What's new

Elementary Season 6 (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
OK, regarding this upcoming season of ELEMENTARY:

- Initially planned as an abbreviated 13 Episode Season, it was announced awhile back that an additional 8 Episodes have been ordered, basically making Season 6 of ELEMENTARY a full one. Yet, the first Season 6 Episode isn't even scheduled to air until April 30! Bizarre indeed, and definitely NOT elementary, at least from my viewpoint!

- The Season 6 premiere episode is scheduled to air on a Monday, although the time slot wasn't mentioned in this article that I had read: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/12/elementary-season-6-premiere-date/

I'm very much looking forward to another season of adventures with Sherlock and Jane! :)

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My TV Guide that came this week said it was starting April 30th which was earlier than I expected. Looking forward to it as I'm down on network shows as I only watch three such shows on a regular basis plus Elementary.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Mondays at 10 p.m. I'll definitely be there. The longer run of episodes means the show will spill over into the summer guaranteeing something decent to watch when most shows are in reruns.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
OK, regarding this upcoming season of ELEMENTARY:

- Initially planned as an abbreviated 13 Episode Season, it was announced awhile back that an additional 8 Episodes have been ordered, basically making Season 6 of ELEMENTARY a full one. Yet, the first Season 6 Episode isn't even scheduled to air until April 30! Bizarre indeed, and definitely NOT elementary, at least from my viewpoint!

- The Season 6 premiere episode is scheduled to air on a Monday, although the time slot wasn't mentioned in this article that I had read: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/01/12/elementary-season-6-premiere-date/

I'm very much looking forward to another season of adventures with Sherlock and Jane! :)
Honestly thought this had been cancelled, gave up on it a few years ago. Maybe worth another try.

If Jonny Lee Miller could learn to speak properly and not mumble so we could understand him it would help a lot.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Really looking forward to its return and I'm glad we are getting a longer season.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Honestly thought this had been cancelled, gave up on it a few years ago. Maybe worth another try.

If Jonny Lee Miller could learn to speak properly and not mumble so we could understand him it would help a lot.
For what it's worth, Jonny seemed noticeably less mumbly to me last season, so hopefully the upcoming one will be more of the same in this regard!

CHEERS! :)

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Really looking forward to its return and I'm glad we are getting a longer season.

Hear hear!

I also wonder if Vudu will allow a person to buy the season prior to it starting, like they did with season 5, so if I happen to forget to watch, I can just go back and watch it (granted; a person could just go to CBS.com and watch, but I own all the other seasons, so I'll buy this one too).

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Wonder if this show has been shunted off into the summer schedule.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Wonder if this show has been shunted off into the summer schedule.
Considering the first episode isn't airing until the last day of April, which is very close to the end of the season for most other major network prime time shows, I don't see how a good chunk of the episodes wouldn't air during the summer months, even if CBS does back to back scheduling for some of the weeks. Season 6 should be wrapping up at just about the same time that the new Fall season starts.

Hopefully for this upcoming season, ELEMENTARY will be kept on a Monday evening schedule, with fewer sports related delays. NFL games shouldn't be a potential issue until near season's end, at least.

At the moment, my unsubstantiated theory is that Season 6 will be the last for ELEMENTARY.

CHEERS! :)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

My hearing is less than normal, but I’ve never had a problem understanding Holmes. I don’t get the mumbling complaints about Miller. Love the show.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering why I couldn’t find “Elementary” on the Spring schedule, and then I found this thread.

It looks like CBS is trying out all year original programming to help combat streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Anyway, it’s going to be exciting to have all new episodes of “Elementary” and “Supergirl” (on CW — CBS’s sister network) on Monday nights throughout most of the Summer!

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
With a job that demands my starting the day at 3:30am, it'll be a challenge to see this live - but I'm going to try.

("Naps are your friend!")

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Enjoyed the first episode back. A decent mystery, some intrigue with Sherlock's health issues, and the enigma surrounding his potentially new sponsor (played by Desmond Harrington who is listed as a series regular in the opening credits).

Looking forward to the remaining 20 episodes.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Enjoyed the first episode back. A decent mystery, some intrigue with Sherlock's health issues, and the enigma surrounding his potentially new sponsor (played by Desmond Harrington who is listed as a series regular in the opening credits).

Looking forward to the remaining 20 episodes.

I liked it as well. Also, I was able to buy the season from Vudu, so if I miss it on Monday (still think it needs to be on Thursday night) I can catch it at my leisure.

I wonder if when Desmond Harrington was pitched his character, he sat there thinking, "Ha! I get to be Dexter!"

Dave Jessup

Stunt Coordinator
Naps have been working :D (see #12 above).

Astonished and delighted that a seventh season is planned.

At worst it's been a reliably entertaining show for us here; the mysteries generally take a back seat to the ongoing character - progression? Debatable whether "development" fits that description, as in many series where the "procedure" takes precedence over character.

Lest that sounds too negative - this remains the rare network show I not only follow, but faithfully purchase each season's dvds on / near release date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morkys
Recent bookmarks