What's new

Elementary (CBS) - season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
With the scenes from next weeks episode, it looks like they are going to present
I agree. It will be interesting to see what this incarnation looks like.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
NeilO said:
I agree. It will be interesting to see what this incarnation looks like.
We know that Watson is going to stay, even though she repeatedly says she's moving on. And even the last episode she says she has a new person to look after. I wonder if what happens next week
the addition to Moriarty
will set in motion Watson's reason for staying.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
I wonder if what happens next week will set in motion Watson's reason for staying.
And so it goes. Interesting that she asks his father, his father says he doesn't need her to stay on, but she does anyway. Throughout the episode I was thinking that it was surprising that we saw M. right from the beginning, so the twist we got later in the episode was quite welcome. Quite an intriguing set up.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Throughout the episode I was thinking that it was surprising that we saw M. right from the beginning, so the twist we got later in the episode was quite welcome. Quite an intriguing set up.
When I saw that Vinnie Jones was going to be the antagonist this week, I assumed that he might be a proxy, since I don't picture Jones as the criminal mastermind type. Cold blooded killer, sure; evil genius, not so much. Now the question is how long will M's identity remain a mystery. Will Elementary take the same route as The Mentalist's handling of Red John or will the show take another path? - Walter.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm glad they are referencing more of the Holmes canon. Col. Sebastian Moran was Moriarty's right-hand man in the books. As Sherlock was investigating, I kept wondering if 'M' would end up being Moran. I would have been disappointed if they had used another name. I also found it interesting that the text Watson received was from a M.Holmes. Could the dad be named Mycroft? On a separate point, when this show first aired, it was compared to the BBC Sherlock (penned by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat - current show runner of Doctor Who). I'm glad its found its own voice, so the two can coexist in my viewing. But has anyone seen the promos for a new show called Do No Harm. To me, it looks like an American version of the BBC Jekyll (also penned by Steven Moffat). David

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I watched the M episode and really enjoyed it. The best one of the season. I liked how Moriarty is set in motion and how Holmes takes down the current collage and sets up the new one for him.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
JohnS said:
I watched the M episode and really enjoyed it. The best one of the season. I liked how Moriarty is set in motion and how Holmes takes down the current collage and sets up the new one for him.
Excellent set-up for the rest of the season. Wish they had continued, rather than take a break and show repeats. Never followed the Sherlock Holmes stories except as a kid, so this is all new to me. Really well done and can't wait til it starts up again.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
A terrific surprise with the revelation of "M" this week; crackerjack writing. And, it certainly left us eager to find out more about Moriarty. As for Watson, is she independently wealthy? At some point, she's going to have to fess up.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Wondering if all the murders that take place next or even next season will be linked to some strange puzzle way(even though the victims won't be linked personally) Maybe Holmes will have to recall back and piece everything together to get another clue to get closer to Moriarty.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
Is the next new episode the Super Bowl one?
The wikipedia page has a new episode for January 31 and then another episode for February 3, post-Super Bowl

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
So, after tonight's episode, do you think that Sherlock knows about Watson's situation or not? I'd be very much surprised if he didn't know yet.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, I'm sure that he knows and is waiting for her to come clean to him. I suspect he knew (or suspected) even before he called his father for the money this week, but I think it definitely would have come out in that call. BTW, I enjoyed this week's episode more than the post-Super Bowl one. Nice to see John Hanna as the primary guest star.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Originally Posted by MattH.
Yes, I'm sure that he knows and is waiting for her to come clean to him. I suspect he knew (or suspected) even before he called his father for the money this week, but I think it definitely would have come out in that call.
BTW, I enjoyed this week's episode more than the post-Super Bowl one. Nice to see John Hanna as the primary guest star.
Right, which is one of the reasons why he's becoming more assertive in his group meetings because he wants to show her that he doesn't need her to be his companion in that regard. He wants her to become his partner in solving crimes, but he needs to get her to that place in which she prefers and accepts that type of profession to being an anti-drug companion.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford said:
Right, which is one of the reasons why he's becoming more assertive in his group meetings because he wants to show her that he doesn't need her to be his companion in that regard.  He wants her to become his partner in solving crimes, but he needs to get her to that place in which she prefers and accepts that type of profession to being an anti-drug companion.
Completely agree. She needs to become more of a partner rather than his sober companion/babysitter. I hope that part of the story fades away and she begins becoming more involved in solving crimes. As the series has progressed he seems to be grooming her more for her "deductive" skills, the drug stuff seems to be in the past. Not sure what' she's doing financially, but I have a feelng Sherlock will make sure she earns a decent living helping him out.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, they can't "leave the sober companion" behind until she comes clean... I think the storyline works best if she broaches it...an ambush by him(in my mind) would be lesser...and cheating. I already think she has already gone down the path...and when ready, she'll come clean. I don't care if he knows or not...she needs the confidence boost herself.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
Well, they can't "leave the sober companion" behind until she comes clean... I think the storyline works best if she broaches it...an ambush by him(in my mind) would be lesser...and cheating. I already think she has already gone down the path...and when ready, she'll come clean. I don't care if he knows or not...she needs the confidence boost herself.
I must have missed an episode or two, what do you mean about her coming clean...? Was she an addict in the past?

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Stan said:
I must have missed an episode or two, what do you mean about her coming clean...? Was she an addict in the past?
I believe the comment refers to her admitting to lying to him about her 'job'. A few episodes ago, Sherlock's father told her that her services were no longer required. She told Sherlock that her job had been extended. David

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm surprise by the lack of posts regarding this week's episode considering the major development that occurred in it. Crawdaddy

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Random thoughts about Thursday's episode... The first thing that flashed into my mind when Holmes 'ambushed' Watson at the beginning of the episode was the contests between Clouseau and Cato that was one of the staples of the Pink Panther films. Holme's declaration that Watson made him better strayed dangerously into non-platonic territory which I suppose was countered by his previous 'Do you think you're foxy? comment. Enjoyed Watson's retaliations against Holmes, in particular the one involving the wire rack of locks. The striking dummy makes another appearance! I enjoyed Holmes' solution for ballistic testing in a residence. Glad to see that they have transitioned Watson's role on the show and curious to see how the partnership develops throughout the remainder of the season. Will Watson take self-defense classes? - Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks