Eleganza Speakers?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bobby T, May 1, 2004.

1. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Does anyone know anything about Eleganza speakers? One of the local shops started to sell them and I've never heard of them. I have not had a chance to listen to them yet.

2. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

If you can't find a website for them, I definitely would not trust them. The name sounds dopey.

3. Rory Buszka

Okay, I Googled the name and found that Eleganza is one of a number of new lines being introduced under the M-Design brand name from none other than Monster Cable.

I'll bet they're wicked overpriced...

http://www.mdesignlife.com/eleganza.asp

You're probably thinking of the Eleganza StreamLine line array towers. I remember seeing these at an Ovation store, and I couldn't find a brand name on them anywhere. At least, I think this is them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah, these are them.

Side note: These drivers are made by Aurasound. They feature Aurasound's Neo-Radial Technology (NRT) motors, with neodymium magnets. This is the technology that first appeared on the Aura 1808 professional 18" subwoofer driver, which was extremely well-recieved and one of the longest-excursion pro sound drivers in its day, used in the huge BassMaxx subwoofer. Aurasound drivers with NRT motors are available at Madisound.com and I imagine thst since these speakers are actually using Aurasound drivers, they must sound pretty decent. The name still sounds dopey, though.

4. Bobby T

Bobby T Supporting Actor

Those are the speakers and coincidentally I saw them at an Ovation store here in Louisville. They are very nice looking. It seemed they were being marketed toward the person who doesn't want big bulky looking equipment in their room. I thought they might have been the next Bose but I might give them a listen.

5. Rory Buszka

The Aura drivers are really quite decent. Those special Neodymium NRT motors they have (not your usual garden-variety Nd motor) are very strong. At least Monster Cable went with some decent drivers.

6. Benihana

Benihana Stunt Coordinator

I just heard these at Good Guys with the 6ft towers lol, $5000 for the pair, with the additional subwoofer modules for each speaker which cost another $2000 each, which is $9000 total for the fronts. Then the $1500 center, and $4000 rears which were 5ft pairs. Then I heard the additional 2 $2000ea. subwoofers for the center channel, then 2 $4000 godfather subs, 1 in each front corner, and 2 $3000 12" subs them, 1 on each side of the room, towards the center, powered by the M-design amplifiers. It was wicked loud and clean. They demoed the Italian Job. The least impressive was the godfather woofers, didn't get quite as loud as the rest of the system. my 15" tempest was just as loud and actually sounds cleaner, but the guy said they haven't tweaked out the room yet. we'll see how they sound after they're done.