What's new

Electronics Guru's Please help! (1 Viewer)

I bought an old DPL receiver to use with my main receiver for Dolby Digital Es and DTS EX.

The problem I'm having with the old receiver is that no sound comes out of the 'Mains' even when I do 'test tones'. All the other speaker terminals work except for main L and R. When I hit the button for different sources I hear a 'click'. And when i turn up the Volume all the way I hear hiss. I also tried using other inputs as well.

What else can I check. I opened up the case and the fuses all look ok. I have a volt meter but wouldn't know what to check.

Please help!
Thx
M F.

Aaron_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Sounds like the problem could be in the pre-amp/processing stage. If the receiver has jumpers in the back that connect the preamp stage to the amplifier stage, try disconnecting them... use your other receiver as a pre-amp into the amplifier terminals and see if it plays.

A good idea for safety with an amplifier you think might be damaged... turn it on and check the DC offset across the speaker terminals (set multimeter to DC voltage, mV scale). Anything more than 10mV or so is bad and could potentially damage your speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks