Electrohome ECP Single Lens Projector 1988

Discussion in 'Displays' started by WalterL, Jun 26, 2006.

1. WalterL

WalterL Auditioning

Jun 26, 2006
    The official model number of this projector is #38-B07680-71 but no one seems
    to recognize that description. In any case, I have been trying to repair this
    unit with limited success. The original problem was line fuse blowing. Replacing
    the shorted SMPS input bridge rectifier fixed that problem and now all the green monitor LEDs on the rear panel light up as does the ready light. The red and green CRTs are both on but not the blue.

The usual checks--filament glowing, high voltage OK, CRT socket voltages about the same as the two working tubes--don't seem to reveal the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the blue CRT doesn't work? Also,
    can anyone tell me the CRT type number? I don't see it in the service manual.

Thanks- WalterL
  2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002
    This thing is ancient. Check the CRT forum at AVS guys over there are familiar with this thing, but from what I know this unit is pretty sucky. Newer and much better machines can be had for pretty much nothing, so other than as a hobby project, I wouldn't spend any time or money on this. I think this is probably video-grade only. Considering that you can pick up a newer ECP or a newer sony that can scan data rates for close to nothing, I would consider that or better for CRT.