What's new

electricity (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
this is without a doubt the stupidest thread begun here but i must satisfy myself on this question. i live in an apartment and the power supply here is not the best. when i turn on either the t.v. or my receiver the cieling lights flicker for an instant. an acquaintance of mine in this building plugs his t.v. into one of the outlets on his stove ! he says that this has improved the picture on his t.v.. is this possible? is he of diminished intellectual capacity? i do not want to try this with my equipment until i get some feedback from people i trust.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
He actually has a point.

Your wall outlets are probably "shared" off of one 120 volt leg. When other devices are switched on/off, it affects the HT equipment on the same circuit. But the high-current stove probably has a dedicated circuit. So as long as the stove is not heating, he has a dedicated circuit for the TV.

You might be a canidate for one of those $500 power conditioners.

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
yeah i agree about it being a dedicated line... that's why i asked about it instead of just ignoring him. can't afford a power conditioner. when you say that it may work as long the stove is not heating do you think there may be any danger about such a hook-up when it was? thanks.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
No, there is likely little danger (other than trying to cook with the TV power cord running across the stove).

But if he did turn on the oven/burner, when the heating elements click on/off he will likely see the same kind of things on his TV that you see when you turn a light/dishwasher on/off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks