What's new

Electrical Wiring Concerns (1 Viewer)

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Kevin,

Again, nonsense. He’s talking like the circuit is forcing power down the line, like a water hose would. He should know better. Electricity is now “pressurized” like water service is. A circuit only delivers what a piece of equipment draws. In other words, equipment “pulls” power from the service that it needs to operate. The service does not “cram” power down the line.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Kevin-R-S

Agent
Wayne...

THANKS A TONE... YOU CLEARED UP A SHIT LOAD OF Q's

I really appreciate everyones feedback. Not being someone who knows much about electricity I was begining to question who really knows what they are talking about.

Wayne... It appears that you are the man. I forwarded this post to my electrician and he agreed and now understands what I have been trying to explain.

Thanks

Craig W

Second Unit
I did my electric work myself (except for replacing the service panel upgrade 100A to 200A and subpanel addition). Adding electrical outlets and circuits are fairly simple as long as you take some safety precautions.

I am not telling anyone to do it on their own, but with a little research and some safety precautions, you can save some $ and run things the way you want without a contractor trying to figure out the max he can charge with the least amount of work.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Oh Jeez... Can you edit out the parts where I said he was clueless? :b

Actually, that’s for your own good, too – if he gets insulted he might cop an attitude with you.

Clearing up a typo I made: “Electricity is now “pressurized” like water service is.” Should have said, “Electricity is not “pressurized” like water service is.” :frowning:

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks