Electric wiring question

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Dan_J_H., Feb 4, 2005.

1. Dan_J_H.

Dan_J_H. Stunt Coordinator

The framing for my new basement HT is done except the stage. I did some research on this site about wiring and would like to hear any comments or suggestions about my plan.

I plan to run a dedicated 20amp circuit for (just) my projector (projector not purchased yet). Another dedicated 20amp circuit for my equipment closet and a 15amp dedicated circuit for dimmable lighting.

Is it ok to have my projector and equipment closet on the same 20amp circuit? I would like to use the other 20amp circuit for a microwave oven and a fridge.

I read that its good to have the projector and dimmable lighting on different phases.

Dan

2. chris_everett

chris_everett Second Unit

20amps should be plenty for all of your equipment, unless you have an insane setup.

3. Bryce_H

Bryce_H Stunt Coordinator

Dan_j_h
    I have also finished my framing in my basement and am wiring a dedicated 20amp run to my equipment closet. My projector will be powered through my Panamax 5510 and an Panamax Max In-Wall Powerkit-TL. So all my components and my projector will be on a single 20amp feed. All my lighting (6 cans, 3 sconces, and 2 rope lights) will be on 15amp feed (maybe 20, I need to check the load again), and my theater room outlets will be on another feed (15 amp). I am also running another 12gauge (20amp) setup into the component closet for the future (for example a Richard Gray Substation). This will not be connected to the subpanel in the basement until needed.

Still can't post links - how frustrating. I try to post when I have something meaningful to say, not just to bump my post count up!!

Anyway the In-wall link is:
    www dot panamax.com/products.cfm?group=1&sec=detail&id=221&ly=h

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne