What's new

Electric Razor Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm looking to switch back to using an electric razor but I don't know all that much about the current models. I think that I might want a razor that I could use in the shower but I'm not set on that. I'd also like something that's easy to clean. I'm currently looking at Panasonic and Braun. Any recommendations for a good razor?

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I have the Braun Synchro 7526 system. I have been using it since last summer when my 18 month old Remington crapped out for no reason. It has two cutting blades that give a very close shave. Has a trimmer too. It comes with a charging/cleaning station that takes refillable oil/alcohol cartridges. A cartridge is about $5 and lasts about 3 months. Plop the razor into the station after shaving, push a button and it cleans, charges or does both. It's great for those of us who are lazy in the am.

Ralph

Shawn C

Screenwriter
I have the Norelco Advtantage..You know, the one with the "goo". I think it works pretty well. I have really sensitive skin but my face seems to handle it pretty well. I just can't let my facial hair get too long. If my hair is too long, it just destroys my skin for some reason.

If I were to shave every day or every other day it would be perfect.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the replies. My old electric razor was a Braun and my first thought was to get another. The thing that made me consider Panasonic was the ability to use it in the shower. I'm not even sure that I'd do that but I figured that it might be a useful option. However, considering my original preference and the seemingly one-sided recommendation for Braun I might have to go back in that direction.

I'll hold out a bit longer in case some more recommendations come in but it looks like the Synchro will win. I know that there are 2-3 models to choose from. Is there a 'best-seller' among the Synchro's?

AdamK

Grip
I've got the Grundig Avant-Garde. It's expensive, but works rather well. I'm having difficulty finding information on it now which makes me wonder if Grundig still makes it (mine is about 3 years old). It's designed to work in foreign countries which is a nice feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steve Latshaw
Recent bookmarks