What's new

Electric Light Orchestra: Zoom Tour Live- Anybody know what year this was? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Looks an exciting DVD but will it be worthy of a 5.1 track or is it just a poor messed up mix?

Jeff F.

Second Unit
Since ELO released the CD of "Zoom" earlier this year, with all-new songs, I would imagine that this concert was also taped earlier this year.
I can't imagine this DVD coming out without 5.1.

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
The live "Zoom" concert was filmed in Hollywood before a studio audience on May 23 & 24, 2001. It was intended to be shown throughout the country on PBS during the month of August. Apparently, many stations failed to televise the concert or scheduled it in impossible time slots (I caught an airing at 1:00 a.m. on the San Francisco PBS station).
The DVD -- with extra material (interviews, backstage footage, etc.) -- was tentatively set for release in October, but I haven't heard anything further about it. Everything surrounding the release of the new "Zoom" album has been handled in the worst possible manner, so I wouldn't be surprised if the DVD has been canceled. It would be nice to hear otherwise.

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
Johnny,
Where did you see the information that led you to post this topic??
My local PBS station cancelled it's showing at the last minute. I was very much hoping that the show would be released on DVD like many other great concerts PBS has aired in the past.
Now that ELO has cancelled their North American tour, I have been PRAYING for it.
Yes Alan,
Jeff Lynn's publicist-manager-label WHATEVER, really blew it for him. Now, many people will never even know about the wonderful new album (Zoom) they missed.
Thanks.
C
[Edited last by Chris Brunner on September 05, 2001 at 08:21 AM]

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
From DVD Empire:
Electric Light Orchestra: Zoom Tour Live (2001)
Scheduled for Release on 11-13-2001 (2 months)
Electric Light Orchestra took rock in a new direction, rapidly scoring 17 Top 40 hits. After a lengthy absence from U.S. stages, ELO, headed by Lynne, returns in this much-anticipated performance by kicking off the new "Zoom" album at CBS Television in Los Angeles with all of the lavish spectacle the band is famous for in this state-of-the-art concert.
Features:
Interview with Jeff Lynne (9 min.)
Fan Club Segment (2 min.)
Video:
Widescreen 1.77:1 (Anamorphic)
Audio:
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital 5.1
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Surround
ENGLISH: DTS 5.1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks