Electric clothes dryer problem....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alex-C, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

My dryer is accumulating condensation underneath it. Can anyone help me ?

This has nothing to do with the washer. I think the vent might be partially blocked, but there is good airflow outside the house while its in operation, and the clothes get dry.
    Its a 1996 Whirlpool model, and I am coming up empty searching around on the web.

If the vent were blocked, then the damp air wouldnt completely exit the dryer area and thus might accumulate on the floor underneath the dryer....at least that is all I could surmise.

2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Have you checked the vent hose to make sure it didn't slip off the bottom of the dryer? Its happened a couple times to me, and the result is exactly like you describe.

3. Bill_Weinreich

Bill_Weinreich Second Unit

Another problem that it could be is a blockage around the drum. Many times the lint trap goes bad unnoticed which allows lint and debris to go through. This is also the case when they are not in properly. If you are so inclined, you may have to disassemble the dryer for a thorough cleaning. If you haven't the means then you may want to call your lonely Maytag man[​IMG] (I know its a Whirlpool)
    Bill

4. Alex-C

Alex-C Screenwriter

Well.

when we first had the dryer, we were bad about not cleaning the lint out and it eventually stopped working I believe (several years ago). The sears repair person came out and within 5 mins had put his hand up the back of the thing and removed a big wad of lint.

I had tried the same thing but to no avail.

Since then we have been diligent about cleaning the lint filter after every cycle. I had a lot of problems trying to get the vent to connect and stay connected when I hooked it up 8 weeks ago. I bought some updated stuff and clamps so tomorrow I plan on pulling it out and checking the vent connection to both the dryer and the wall, and I intend of making it a good connection.

if that doesn't do the job, then its repair man time.