What's new

Election Day episodes (1 Viewer)

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
One of my friend's always has an Election Day party which is mainly just watching the results come in (boring!) and eating snacks. I thought it would be fun to watch episodes of TV shows that have to do with Elections and I've come up with five off the top of my head.

Bewitched - #34: "Remember the Main" - Samantha and Darrin get involved in a local politician's election campaign.

I Dream of Jeannie - #104: "Jeannie, the Governor's Wife" - Jeannie tries to convince Tony to run for the Governor's office.

The Addams Family - #4: "Gomez the Politician" - Gomez gives financial backing to a local candidate whom he is sure will lose, which will carry on the Addams tradition of backing the loser.

Mork & Mindy - #14: "Mork and the Immigrant" - Mork learns about Democracy and the government when a Russian immigrant informs Mork that he must register as a legal alien in the USA.

Will & Grace - #24: "Election" - Grace runs against Will for the office of president of the Tenant's Association.

Can you think of others?

p.s. Note how these five episode #'s all are divisible by four...kinda weird......

edit What I really meant is they all end in four...silly me:)

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
SEINFELD - Jerry's dad runs for President of the condo. They try to buy off all the voters by giving away Wizard organizers (tip calculators, although they have many functions). They end up with cheap knock-offs, "That's not a Wizard, that's a Willard!" "No way am I leaving a $5 tip on a BLT" "Mine has no '8' key." "I'm ruined!" Jerry's dad loses the election in disgrace.

EDIT: Unfortunatley, not yet on DVD

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Good suggestions!

I don't think I've seen that Charlie Brown one before...I'll have to check that out.

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
"Cheers": two episodes--

1. Sam Malone dates city councilwoman Janet Eldridge ("Voyager"'s Kate Mulgrew) during her run for re-election, causing Diane and Frasier to support the opposing candidate ("Alf" dad Max Wright), who loses in a landslide.

2. After being disgusted with the incumbent city councilman (Philip Baker Hall), Frasier, on a bet, enters Woody in a city council election. To the shock of all, Woody wins. NOTE: This is the next-to-last episode of the series and features "Frasier" co-star Peri Gilpin as a newspaper reporter who laps up Woody's chicken-fried idiot platform.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
THE ODD COUPLE - The Odd Candidate: Felix enters Oscar in the race against a city councilman.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
All in the Family - "Election Story": Archie is disgusted with the candidate Mike and Gloria are supporting in the local election; "Mike Comes Into Money": Mike inherits $200 and infuriates Archie by donating it to the McGovern campaign.

The Brady Bunch - Greg and Marcia compete for student-body president; Jan wins Most Popular Girl and breaks all her campaign promises.

Everybody Loves Raymond - Debra loses the election for school-board president because Ray doesn't vote for her.

Eric Howell

Stunt Coordinator
Simpson's - When the two aliens secretly take the place of the two Presidential candidates(think it was Dole and Clinton at the time.

South Park - The recent Turd Sandwich vs the Giant Douche episode.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
The Shield Season One, when the Captain wins his primary for city council?

Most of West Wing S4, but that's not out yet on DVD. Nor is the final season of Benson, in particular the finale.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Happy Days -- the episode where Richie campaigns for a candidate against Howard's wishes

I Love Lucy -- Lucy and Ethel run against each other for president of their ladies' club

The Flintstones -- Fred and Barney run against each other for a lodge office

WKRP -- Carlson runs for council

Dick Van Dyke Show -- Rob runs for city council

Wings -- Roy and Fay run against each other for city council

The Andy Griffith Show -- several election-themed eps: Andy against Barney for Sheriff; Sam Jones vs Emmett for City Council; Aunt Bee vs Howard Sprague for City Council; Ellie for City Council...and possibly others

Leave It To Beaver -- Wally runs for class president

Designing Women -- Julia runs for office against a totally obnoxious opponent (and loses by a landslide)

Family Ties -- Mallory runs for class president at college

Who's The Boss -- Tony runs for PTA office

And, who can forget the most important campaign of them all...Granny's bids for Possum Queen? :)

Just a few off the top of my head...

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
There were quite a few Night Court episodes in which Dan (John Larroquette) was running for some kind of public office.

I remember one where Roz (Marsha Warfield) comes in with a giant bag of mail. Dan sees it and gets excited, but then she plucks out a small postcard ----

ROZ: This one is for you.

DAN: Well, every vote counts.

ROZ: (reading off the back of the card) Get your muck-sucking pig-face off my TV.

DAN: Oh...(smiling) undecided.

Hopefully, Warner is still considering releasing this show on DVD. I would definitely buy the entire series. Funny, funny show. :D

Evan M

Second Unit
SNL - Presidential Bash 2000... hilarious stuff. :)

I'd not worry about obtaining a copy of Presidential Bash 2004 that they showed this year.. it sucked.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Mary Tyler Moore (Season 1 episode 8) where Mary has to act as producer of the Election Night results during a snow storm.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Man, you guys are awesome! That's a whole lot of TV watching...turns out I just watched the election results all night...but next time, I'm keeping this list so we can watch them in the days before.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
There was an episode of Green Acres where Lisa and Oliver ran against each other for mayor...

And, on the MTM show, Phyllis talked Ted into running for...something...

Jed Clampett ran for Smog Commissioner.

Wasn't there an episode of Gilligan's Island where they tried to elect a "president" of the group?

And -- Kolchak: The Devil's Platform. I was just reminded of this one when I saw it in the Zap2it.com listings...looks like there's another Kolchak mini-marathon on SciFi today (Thursday).

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Diff'rent Strokes - Arnold loses the school election when Drummond puts fruit in the school's vending machines.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks