What's new

Elac vs Jamo vs Dali - which is the best speaker? (1 Viewer)

Apoorva Sheth

Auditioning
Real Name
Apoorva Sheth
Hello All,

I presently use Harman Kardon HKTS 9 Satellite speakers connected to my Yamaha RX-V685 Amplifier. I am planning to upgrade the Center & Front - Right channel speakers since there is some issue with the Dialogue clarity level:

The Issue:

"Unfortunately, I have been facing an issue with these speakers. The dialogue (vocal) sound volume level from Center Speaker has gone quite low such that I am unable to hear the dialogues clearly especially when they whisper & speak very slowly. Voice feels muffled. Before, we were able to listen to all the dialogues Crisp & Clear even at -30 volume but now the situation is such that I have to take the volume level all the way till -13 to -12 in order to hear their dialogues clearly (especially their whispering). But now the biggest issue is that the moment there is a sudden background loud sound in the scenes, "A huge explosion of sound gets created by Subwoofer" in the living room which immediately forces me to bring the volume level down back to -28 but this again brings back the issue of low dialogue volume so again increase the volume & this cycle of Up - Down - Up - Down keeps repeating. My Mom is 69yrs & she finds such a high level of background sound very irritating, disturbing & shocking."

The Service of Harman Kardon has become rubbish. They are no longer offering a premium quality support to its end customers nor are the interested to listen or atleast read the complaint/escalation email sent to the chairman of Harman/Kardon. Such Worse their service have become. Harman Kardon are also asking for unreasonable charges.

So, now below are the speakers of Elac brand that I look forward to purchase:

Debut 2.0 Floor-standing Speaker (DF62)
https://www.elac.com/series/debut-2-0/f6-2/
1612149729869.png

And below Center Channel Speaker:

Debut 2.0 Center Channel Speaker (DC62)

1612149812341.png

1612149833768.png

What I am looking out from these above speakers are: The sound output while listening to music should be sweet. The action scenes which I see should have Punchy sound. The vocals (Dialogues delivery sound level) has to be absolutely Crisp & Clear even at lower sound volume such as -27. The sound of bullets or helicopter should be powerful as if the bullet has actually been shot inside my house or helicopter has in real passed from above my head.

This is how my Living room looks like:

1612150052310.png

So, please suggest your thoughts accordingly....I just want to ensure that I buy best speakers.

Also when Elac is compared with - Jamo & Dali, which are the best? I heard Dali offers very much premium speakers. Is Dali better then Elac?

Regards,
Apoorva.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Supporter
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It sounds like you have some severe calibration issues with the speaker levels. Or, maybe a blown center speaker. Or... both. It could simply be an easy fix.

At the same time, the Debut v2 speakers are excellent for the price.

Apoorva Sheth

Auditioning
Real Name
Apoorva Sheth
It sounds like you have some severe calibration issues with the speaker levels. Or, maybe a blown center speaker. Or... both. It could simply be an easy fix.

At the same time, the Debut v2 speakers are excellent for the price.

Well, it seems both the Center & Front Right speakers aren't working well as per the owner from Yamaha Service Center who visited my house said.

And have you heard both of these speakers personally? Excellent in which sense?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I agree with @JohnRice in that there is likely another issue here, although the speakers may also need attention. If at all possible I would suggest either trying each speaker with a different AV receiver or swapping in different speakers for the affected channels to get a better idea of where the real problem is. If you simply replace the speakers before addressing any underlying issues, you may end up damaging your new ones.

That said, I've heard the Elacs and they are pretty damn good, especially considering the price point. In a properly calibrated system they will give you a nice and reasonably detailed soundstage with crisp and nuanced highs and mids. Sounds like you're already set at subwoofer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shemarubtneha