What's new

El Mariachi DVD (1 Viewer)

Chris M

Second Unit
Okay, thedigitalbits says the El Mariachi DVD is out tomorrow, but I can't find any stores that will be selling it. I did a search on dvd Basen, but only one norweigian site managed to do a review, but unfortunately I can't read norweigian.

Does anyone else have any info?

Thanks,
Chris.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
I don't know about an individual release but there is the El Mariachi/Desperado director's double feature has been out since December 1998.

Patrick_L

Second Unit

yup, i've got that and couldn't be happier :D friggin' GREAT films those two. and let's not even START to talk about Salma Hayek
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I've made a customised Desperado/El Mariachi 2 disc set. Disc 1 is the Desperado Superbit, and disc 2 is the flipper of Desperado and El Mariachi. I have them both in a clear 2 disc amaray case, with the superbit art on the outside, and flipper art on the inside. All within the Superbit slipcase.

A customised "Ultimate Edition" if you will.

Great discs if you ask me...extras-wise for both, and the dts on the Superbit of Desperado is awesome.

Those are 2 of my favourite commentary tracks too...

It's a pity The next in the series apparently sucks...

Tim Ke

Stunt Coordinator
Where did you hear the next one sucks?? I would think it is still going through editing. Oh well, after Spy Kids 1 + 2 I'll keep my expectations low...

Daniel P

Stunt Coordinator
I read it at imdb.com
Apparently the preview screenings went really bad, so hopefully it will be re-edited to follow suit, and hopefully it will be worth paying to see...
I still have faith in Rodriguez though, but this film will be the clincher as far as that goes...

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
My question exactly -- the efilmcritic.com release schedule has an El Mariachi SE DVD scheduled for today, with commentary tracks, etc. No sign on dvdpricesearch.com

I have no interest in Desperado, so this is the one that I want... Any info is appreciated.

Ted

Chris M

Second Unit
The Desperado/El Mariachi disc is WAY too expensive in Canada, and I already have the Desperado: Superbit DVD. And if you look on thedigitalbits.com under cover art you can see the cover for the new El Mariachi DVD.

Chris.

ChrisJefferys

Stunt Coordinator
I got the El Mariachi/Desperado set at a Blockbusters in Canada for about 25.00 (surely a pricing mistake in my favor :D ). Otherwise, I agree, way too expensive in Canada, if you can even find it.

Any specs released about the new El Mariachi disc? Will it include the English dubbed track that was inexplicably missing from the double DVD? While I like the Spanish language track, I would like to introduce this film to people that don't like "reading movies".

Also, I hope this doesn't sound blasphemous, but will the disc include a full frame version? After all, the film was shot in 16mm, and the matting on the previous disc just seems a bit cramped to me.

God, never thought I would be asking to see a full frame, dubbed DVD!

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I am also interested in this supposed new release of El Mariachi to add to my Superbit version of Desperado. I noticed it under the new DVD cover art on The Digital Bits, too.

Has anyone found this title available anywhere online? It's not listed at DVD Price Search.

Chris M

Second Unit
No one?? Bill Hunt even?? He still doesn't have the pic linked to a retailer either. I'm just wondering about the validity or history of this release!

Chris.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
It's just a re-release of the same El Mariachi that's on the Desperado flipper.

An attempt to cash-in on Once Upon a Time in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks