1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Either there are a couple of mistakes on Polk's site...

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jack Keck, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

or all of us who bought our RTi bookshelf speakers within the last year from CC or any place that allows a trade-up will be boxing up our old speakers to trade for the RTi6's, which are listed at $229 per pair.

If you don't believe me, check it out before they become aware of it. I think those speakers are supposed to be $229 each.

http://www.polkaudio.com/home/products.php?category=4

2. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    Wow, that is interesting!! May have to jump on this "ear unseen" if it's true!! If for nothing else, EBay purposes.

3. Mando-R

Mando-R Stunt Coordinator

Polk can afford to make mistakes like that. Those speakers have such ridiculous mark up, it's insane.

If those have high markup, and rock, I wonder how much mark up Bose has, considering it blows fat donkey balls.

4. MichaelDDD

MichaelDDD Supporting Actor

Mike
    Such descriptive prose, Mando. Great visual on that.

How good are these speakers anyway? For usage w/a subwoofer, i.e. "above 80Hz."

5. Mark All

Mark All Second Unit

No harm in dreaming. The Polk Web site's page, which I think only went up yesterday lists the incorrect MSRP--a typo. The RTi6 price there is for each, not for a pair. J&R has the speakers identified with the correct retail price:

RTi6

6. Jack Keck

Jack Keck Second Unit

MichealDDD:

I just bought the RTi 38s, which were being closed out, for $228 for the pair. I love them. I would imagine that you would, too. However, I can't imagine these going for much less than $400 per pair until the next model revision. I don't know how soon it will be before anyone here will actually try out a pair in their home, which is the gold standard of tests.

You started another thread where you mentioned Ascend speakers. Depending on how much the shipping on theAscends is, the Polks will likely be more expensive. I would imagine that Circuit City will havethese soon, if not already. You should be able to check them out there.

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Note also that these sites often contain a "fine print" disclaimer somewhere that will override any typographical errors.