What's new

Eisner to Step Down as Disney CEO in 2006 - Latest: gone now! (1 Viewer)

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Wonderful though the news of Eisner's departure is, I doubt very much that we will see Song of the South any time soon on DVD. After all, look at the chop job done on Fantasia, which had a couple of scenes (in the Pastoral sequence) that were questionable.

I wish someone had been wise enough to give Eisner the axe a LONG, long time ago and put Roy Disney in charge. After all, he helped the animation studio get back on track with the likes of The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Aladdin. True, the Pixar pictures are wonderful, and I am sure that Walt himself would have been fascinated with the new technology, but I doubt he would have allowed computer animated pictures to be made at the expense of the art form in which he was a very important pioneer.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Ding Dong! The Witch is dead.
Which old Witch?
The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.
"

Hey, we all remember who showed up at the end of that song, don't we?

A *really* bad witch.

I'll celebrate when a man or woman with imagination, vision, solid business sense and heart is running Disney again.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
Sorry, I'm not sure if I even care any more. The "Disney" that I love is dead.

Don't get me wrong: I wouldn't be unhappy if someone were indeed able to revive it.

But the most important thing to me now: Let's have the rest of the classic animated shorts on DVD.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
"Sorry, I'm not sure if I even care any more. The "Disney" that I love is dead."

I'm in the same boat. Disney is pretty much dead to me, except for the work of Walt and his team.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Here is a link that is rather interesting on this front, a Open Letter to the Disney Board, and one of the authors is none other than Roy Disney. It pretty well reflects most of the opinions here about Mr. Eisner.

Colton

Supporting Actor
I'm sure Eisner got one hellva golden parachute in which he will never ever touch the ground.

- Colton

Brandon B

Second Unit
And now Disney (ABC) is supporting Apple's new video iPod. Seems like there has been some deal making between Disney and Jobs. Curious to see if a Pixar Disney deal materializes soon.

BB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks