What's new

Eight-legged Freaks Trailer - too cool! (1 Viewer)

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
some of it is cool.. it gets a little silly though.. saw the trailer in theatres last night infront of 13 ghost and at first the audience was really into it..but when the bugs got bigger and start attacking.. it was recieving boos.
I kind of iffy about this one...

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
As long as they keep the humor at a high level, this could be fun. But if they don't stress the humor, then we may be looking at another Bats.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, it has been awhile since we've seen on of those over-grown, mutated insect/spider films. Nothing wrong with making a "silly" movie now and again, but if it falls prey to current Hollywood themes, i.e. that every film is some serious testament, no matter how lame, then this film will be nothing more than self-important tripe.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I think this will be really cool if they use an "Evolution" type take on it.
------------------
Rich
"A) You can never go too far and B) If I'm going to get busted it is NOT going to be by a guy like DAT."
My Website

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Silly or serious, good or bad- Just try to keep me away from this one on opening weekend.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Julie K

Screenwriter
I saw this ahead of 13 Ghosts and my audience was really into it. I thought it had a bit of 'Tremors' flavor in it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with giant silly man-eating creatures, as long as it's done right.
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Hubert

Second Unit
Does every movie have o be serious? Not every movie is Citizen Kane, nor are some intended to be. I'm intrigued. It could turn out to be bad, but it looks like a lot of fun.

Bob Morgan

Stunt Coordinator
Give me a bug movie anyday.
I love 'em
Now, if they would do a movie with giant Army Ants,I'd be happy. Those are some of the most fierce creatures on this planet. Nothing gets in their way.
Nothing

John Spencer

Supporting Actor
Two words: David. Arquette. Besides that, this could be pretty fun.
------------------
...I could go on, but I need to take a shit.
-Jason Whyte on "Corky Romano"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks