What's new

EGM's Top 100 (1 Viewer)

Andre F

Screenwriter
Mark,
Thanks for the details on the sequel to Maniac Mansion. I'll have to look into it. :)
-Andre F

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
You're all welcome for posting the list.

I agree with the list for a large portion. I think they should probably have said "the top 100 console games of all time in no particular order" but I still pretty much agree. They look at games based on the gameplay, graphics, and how it affected games overall. Tetris was a simple game but is VERY addictive and has that "easy to learn, impossible to master" type gameplay, so I see why it was so high.

I'm not getting involved, but I say that we just look at it as an opinionated list, and don't hate them for it.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Andre,
In addition to "Day of the Tentacle" EGM reported a while back that if "Escape from Monkey Island" for PS2 sold well, Lucasarts may work on a Maniac Mansion for PS2. I'm crossing my fingers...
And I'll also add a :emoji_thumbsup: to Smash TV. That game rocked on SNES.

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
To me,EGM has been getting worse lately,both with its gaming coverage,and its editors opinions. This poll doesn't help. Having a bunch of Street Fighter games on the list is crazy. And again, nothing exists before the NES...

That is complete BS.

And Goldeneye 007 isn't on the list?

Or Doom, or countless others?

Someone should do like a top ten list of games for specific consoles. Now that would be better.

And Tetris should be in the top 5,no questions asked.

Calvin

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
First off...it is RIVER CITY RANSOM, not RIVER CITY RAMPAGE.

OK...I agree with a lot on their list, but as for the order of it all, I have a lot of issues. Personally, MARIO 3 was better than MARIO WORLD, and I know countless others who think the same way.

But I liked NEXT GEN's lists more, seemed more thought out and comprehensive. They also did a smart thing by grouping series together as one entry...their logic was it made things easier and it also prevented Nintendo from almost singlehandedly dominating the top 20! And on their first list many years ago(5 I think) the NEXT GEN list used innovation as a major key, things wound up on the list for being innovative first and formost. Their second list in issue 50 changed the criteria to what stands the test of time better, stuff they would still play in 10 years.

It is an opinions list, just like the AFI list, but neat to read no doubt.

But I find it very nice to see SUPER NES games having lots of top spots on the list, and the most overall. Further proof that it is still the best system ever. I will take my Super NES over any other system(and emulating doesnt count, it is not PURE gaming!)

Barry S

Stunt Coordinator
Wow, Paper Mario made the list!! I've been addicted to this game for the past few days. This game thrills me like so few RPGs have done. Maybe it's not as complex or "grown-up" as Final Fintasy VII, but it sure is a heck of a lot more fun (to me).
Not a bad list overall, but there seems to be a glaring omission. How many of you were introduced to RPGs by the original Dragon Warrior(1989?) for NES? The game basically created the RPG genre.

Stephen L

Second Unit
Upon further review I find 1 of the most original & fun games I've ever played did not make the cut-Parappa the Rappa .:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks