What's new

EGM reviews Madden, Fever, ESPN! (1 Viewer)

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Madden 9.5, 9.0, 9.5
ESPN 8.0,7.5,8.5
Fever 6.5,6.5,6.0

Not sure if I trust these reviews, because they aren't very detailed. These are the notable comments for the games:

MADDEN - Great new feature where you can control receivers and lineman with right analog stick, commentary stills sucks, Franchise mode rules.

ESPN - Presentation is awesome, 8-player online play, FP mode is interesting but won't be used.

Fever - Solid game, only get though if you want XSN

I get the feeling that the reviewers are just the typical diehard madden fans... I'll wait on IGN and Gamespots reviews to actually get some detail... these reviews sucked.

Brandon_S

Second Unit
From what I have heard about the reviews in this months EGM, they basically rated ESPN lower because it wasn't Madden. Heaven forbid that Sega try to make a unique (and IMHO) and superior football franchise.

Damien

Supporting Actor
i read them all, and all the reviews are horrible. You'd think with the ESPN reviews some terrible new bug was in this year's version, but the explanation for the 7.5 was very vague...this magazine has is on par with gamepro nowadays imo for usefulness.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
It almost seems like they took last year's reviews, and modified them based on what they saw at e3. I don't understand how they could review these games three months before they are finished.

MaxCarr

Auditioning
I used to subscribe to EGM, but it got a little too fake for me; their reviews did not make sense. They seem to want to show that they are smart but when you oveanalyze and you have the inability to analyze, crap is the analysis. I don't trust their reviews, they seem to have a bias (we see that too much on tv already).

Scott_W

Stunt Coordinator
EGM has gone downhill. Not nearly enough discussion for each game on why it receives the rating it does. This is really true for sports games. The Madden game could produce crap for the next couple years and still win. Granted, its a very good game, but I think that ESPN is a lot closer then what EGM says. No wonder NFL2k3 didn't sell well.

Plus, as mentioned, if the game is done for review, why isn't it released!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks