What's new

Eerie, Indiana...on the way at last! (1 Viewer)

Robyn

Stunt Coordinator
I hope it happens!!! I was so disappointed when the other discs were never released after the first. I've watched the first disc so many times, I practically know it by heart.
I had seen complete sets availabe on ebay, and most went for just over $200. However, some did look a little suspicious (copies).

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
John, I'd suggest you import. BMG has enough problems releasing it in North America - they probably don't have international rights.

Gord

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
I think I have only seen about three episodes of this show, but I do remember one episode that just had me in stitches...

There were these two boys that lived in tuperware and their mother was keeping them young I believe...memory is a bit foggy.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think that was the first episode, I remember that one as well.

If the retail price really is 35 bucks... I'll pick this up for sure. I remember liking it enough to justify a price in that range, but the original idea (85 retail?) was a little too high for me to go.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
YES!!! It's awesome to know that this is finally coming. Whenever this comes September or October i'll be there with my wallet in hand and a big smile on my face.

I was so worried for awhile that this wasn't coming I had given up hope, i'm so happy it is.

John*P

Second Unit
Check out the Eerie, Indiana episode guide at TV Tome: http://www.tvtome.com/EerieIndiana/guide.html

I remember some of those episodes...vaguely. It was the early 90s after all. I really liked the show back in the day, and it should be fun to watch on DVD.

Apparently Joe Dante (Gremlins, The Burbs, Explorers, etc.) directed some of the episodes, which is very cool.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
As a kid growing up in Indiana, you kind of grew attached to anything representing your likeness in anyway. This was a really fun show and with this new release on DVD at a much lower price, it will be a sure bet for an addition to my collection.

Ryan

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I was just kind of wondering because i've been a bit worried lately is Eerie Indiana on any other sites other then Oldiues? I noticed that it wasn't on Amazon or some others yet and wondered if that should be a sense of concern. I would hate for Eerie to never come to stores or anywhere else like last year.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Here's the story...

The person I used to deal with at BMG went to a distribution company (Gotham Distribution I believe). He worked out a distribution deal with his old company, BMG. They're selling it on Oldies.com and are supposed to distribute the title to other etailers and retailers. I have no idea when the title will show up on Amazon.com or if it'll appear in any stores.

If you HAVE to have the set right away then I'd suggest ordering from Oldies.com but if you want to wait and see if it'll show up Amazon.com then wait a bit; you can always order from Oldies.com later. Fans of the series have been waiting for ages, so another month shouldn't be that bad.

Gord

Chris Wagner

Stunt Coordinator
The box art on this set is awful.
I recall catching a few episodes when this originally aired, and found it quite entertaining at the time.
I'll most likely hold out for reviews, but the price is definately right.

john_hood

Grip
Gord,

Following your advice I'll gladly wait. My So-Called Life was so worth it!

It would be encouraging to see this title distributed internationally following the recent BMG/Sony merger!

Thanks again. :)

John

ZackR

Supporting Actor
Well, I ordered it from Oldies.com at least a month ago, just keeping my fingers crossed that it would actually show up. Imagine my surprise when I opened the mailbox today and there it was!! I have not had a chance to check out any episodes yet - that will happen this weekend. I am just so thrilled to finally have the show because it was a favorite of mine. The cover art and box are very cheap looking, but I don't really care. I am looking forward to watching the episodes. Thanks to Gord, TVShowsonDVD and HTF - without you guys, I would have never known this was even out there - I had never even heard of oldies.com before this thread! Thanks!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I ordered mine a while back and still have not received it, but I did get free shipping. I know some got it weeks ago...

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Tell me what you guys think of the 5.1 mix. I thought it was good for disc 1, but sucked for 2-5. The dialog came out of the front 3 speakers on the other discs, and it was annoying.

gord

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
How are the discs overall? Are there lots of extras? 5 discs is a lot for 19 episodes. (It *is* a half-hour show, right?)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
There are NO extras at all. The first disc onnly has 3 episodes on it, the other have more (I'm at work and can't break the set down).

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks