Eek! A forum "glitch"?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian J Dupuis, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Brian J Dupuis

Brian J Dupuis Second Unit

I was reading through the "Movies" index, and doing my usual preview of the thread text via the mouse-over functionality (so useful, that), and came across the thread "Just when I thought I had Memento figured out...", which you can get to via this link. If you mouseover from that search page, you'll see the first bit of text... including the spoiler text that's near the top! I'm just glad I had already seen Memento, and this wasn't an unknown spolier for me [​IMG].
    Any way around this, admins? Perhaps this is an isolated case, but it seems like it could be troublesome for those who wish to remain spoiler-free but really rely on that useful functionality. Thanks guys.

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Sorry but the spoiler information will be displayed as the script takes out the HTML code from text so that you don't see a bunch of code. When it does that it makes any spoiler information available.

We have suggested that members not use a spoiler in the first post of a thread, as this is what is displayed, but that isn't always followed.

Parker

3. Brian J Dupuis

Brian J Dupuis Second Unit

Ah. Makes sense. I certainly won't complain if this is a known issue and you have a suggested "workaround"... I really do love that feature [​IMG]. Thanks for the information!