Real Name
Jeffrey
You could just chew on some chocolate covered expresso beans. Yum

Jeff

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Jeff, they are yummy. It just always seems like I run into a very good looking person after I've eaten them. It gives you kind of a hillbilly look after eating them.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
my chica and i were each buyin a cup (or more) a day of coffee from either starbucks or bean tree. so, we were averaging about 8 bucks a day. we finally thought wtf are we doing and decided to invest in one of these.

X5 Espresso Lovers Kit

then we went to smart and final and bought a stack of disposable coffee cups and lids.

i'm not sure exactly how it works, but basically the company gave us a discount on the unit as long as we subscribed to some sort of frequent cofee buyer program. they deliver the coffee (which i really like because it's very finely ground then vacuum sealed) right to my door.

the unit is nice because it's pump driven instead of pressure driven .. or something like that. i dunno ... it just works really well.

pretty cool ... definitely check it out.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Why not a couple of reusable thermal travel mugs with lids? That's even smarter. ;)

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
French Presses are nice for work or for places w/o a stovetop / heating element. However, I prefer the vacuum coffee pot. Using the principles of partial pressure, it pushes the water into the top section and then vacuums the water back through the grinds (they will be _dry_ when done!). It is one of the best methods for preparing regular coffee (vs. espresso).

Here are some expensive examples.

For everything coffee, go to www.coffeegeek.com (forums, reviews, etc.).

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

Thanks, Rob. My dining-car version came with no instructions, so I had stirred it a little first. YOW! :eek: I think I could've out run that ICE train after that. :)

But, now I know.

I do love espresso after dinner and drinks. The jolt of caffiene counteracts that satiated, groggy feeling after a big meal.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I used to work with a guy who would eat a greasy cheese steak for lunch and then say that he needed a Latte. His reasoning (in a joking way) was that the greasy food would bring him down and the Latte would bring him back up so it evened out.

He then tried to explain that it was healthy because the rush from the caffeine would counteract the grease. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks