editing a homemade DVD on a PC

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Gabe D, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Is there an easy way for me to edit (and then re-record) a homemade DVD on my PC?

To make it clear exactly what I want to do: My dad was recently on the local news. I recorded the entire program onto a DVD+RW using my set-top DVD recorder. I would now like to be able to take out the 1-minute section that actually showed my dad and add it to another DVD of home-movies. I know how to copy the files from the discs to my hard drive. Now I'm looking for a simple user friendly software that will allow me to cut out most of the video from one disc and then combine the two and record the combined file onto a new disc. (If it makes a difference, I believe the files are .VOB format.)

What is the best (and easiest) way for me to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

2. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    I just ordered the Ulead DVD Movie Factory program to do just that. It must be a version 2.0 and not be updated once loaded to pc becaue the newest version block editing of AC3- DD2.0 sound that in my case my Philips DVDR75 records.

I bought it based on some input from folks at DVDplusRW.org.

I should get it by next week.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

I tried Roxio 6 and it wouldn't allow me to edit my DVD's (+RW) because it too block DD 2.0 sound recordings.

[​IMG]

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Thanks, Alf. I look forward to hearing about your experience with that program.

4. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

5. Garrett Lundy

Garrett Lundy Producer

iDVD and iMovies for Macintosh (You didn't specify if you had a PC or an Apple).