What's new

editing a homemade DVD on a PC (1 Viewer)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Is there an easy way for me to edit (and then re-record) a homemade DVD on my PC?

To make it clear exactly what I want to do: My dad was recently on the local news. I recorded the entire program onto a DVD+RW using my set-top DVD recorder. I would now like to be able to take out the 1-minute section that actually showed my dad and add it to another DVD of home-movies. I know how to copy the files from the discs to my hard drive. Now I'm looking for a simple user friendly software that will allow me to cut out most of the video from one disc and then combine the two and record the combined file onto a new disc. (If it makes a difference, I believe the files are .VOB format.)

What is the best (and easiest) way for me to do this?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I just ordered the Ulead DVD Movie Factory program to do just that. It must be a version 2.0 and not be updated once loaded to pc becaue the newest version block editing of AC3- DD2.0 sound that in my case my Philips DVDR75 records.

I bought it based on some input from folks at DVDplusRW.org.

I should get it by next week.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

I tried Roxio 6 and it wouldn't allow me to edit my DVD's (+RW) because it too block DD 2.0 sound recordings.

:frowning:

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Alf. I look forward to hearing about your experience with that program.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.