What's new

Edited Songs on "Forty Licks?" (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
I was thinking of picking this up until I read in Rolling Stone's review that "Beast of Burden" and "Miss You" are edited for time constraints. Why, oh why, would they do something like this? Of course it's done on the radio all the time, but now we can't even PAY for full versions of songs. :confused:

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
A similar thing happened on the Smashing Pumpkins greatest hits cd, I agree that it is a pretty crazy thing to do.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
This is actually the only place you can get a lot of those single versions in print, so many Stones collectors have been picking this up for just that reason.

Plus, "Thirty-Seven Licks" wouldn't have worked as well.

Ryan

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Of course it's done on the radio all the time, but now we can't even PAY for full versions of songs.
You do realize that Some Girls contains full versions of the songs, so you're more than able to pay for them there. It's not like 40 Licks is the ONLY place to get those tracks...

Larry Geller

Supporting Actor
The 45 of Miss You is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT recording than either the LP or 12" versions and was previously only available on CD on the Jump Back collection (never released in the US), so I'm real glad to see it here.

Users who are viewing this thread