What's new

Edison's Frankenstein and Creepy Classics (1 Viewer)

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
I'm interested in buying Edison's Frankenstein and the only place Online that I can find it is at Creepy Classics.com. Has anyone ever purchased anything from them before? Are they "safe" to deal with? Is there anywhere else Online to buy this DVD?

Thanks,
Andrew

Edison's FRANKENSTEIN (1910)/NOSFERTATU (1922) - Double Feature
FRANKENSTEIN (1910) Thomas Edison produced this film enigma back in 1910. It's made film history as an early Frankenstein film AND for being a "lost film" for decades. Only one complete 35mm print of this film is known to be in existance. It was discovered by archivist Alois F. Dettlaff. For years Mr. Dettlaff only would allow it to be screened at private functions. It was shown twice at the "Monster Bash Movie Convention" near Pittsburgh, in 1997 and 1999. But, it has not been widely available. It's a bizarre little film with simple effects and make-up that were ingenious. The "creation" scene is still grotesque and creepy as the monster is assembled through alchemy in a flurry of smoke and you see limbs and claws twisting to life. It's only about 14 minutes long and is cinema magic and history. FINALLY, this is the official sanctioned Dettlaff release of this classic! The "First Frankenstein" is paired with the "First Dracula," 1922's NOSFERATU (also from 35mm). This film was made in Germany with Max Schreck as the evil vampire. Schreck means "terror" in German. The count travels across the ocean to invade o new land of fresh blood. Still creepy and atmospheric, this film has scared people for decades.The granddaddy of Draculas. Still atmospheric and eerie. Max Schreck as the gaunt, unworldly vampire king. A silent cob-webbed scream! (ADA DVD/$20)

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I have ordered from Creepy Classics several times before and they are great to deal with. Ron Adams is the man behind CC and he runs the annual Monster Bash convention in PA. I got this DVD from him several months ago. In short, they ARE trustworthy.

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I have ordered from Creepy Classics several times before and they are great to deal with. Ron Adams is the man behind CC and he runs the annual Monster Bash convention in PA. I got this DVD from him several months ago. In short, they ARE trustworthy.
Dittoes to what John said. Creepy Classics is a great place to order DVD's from, and they have lots of rare titles available nowhere else.

Todd_Brown

Second Unit
I also have only good things to say about Creepy Classics. I have gotten several DVDs from them, no problems.
Todd

AndrewR

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Andrew Rubio
Thanks to everyone for their input.

I think I'm gonna dive in!

Andrew

Lannie Lorence

Stunt Coordinator
I must warn you the DVD is awful. I haven't watched Nosferatu, but Frankenstein looks terrible. The picture is soft. (I bought this right after seeing in projected, and the print was not like this.) The original intertitles are replaced with video ones that looks like they were typed up moments before the DVD was authored and sloppily edited in. (At one point, you can see one field of the original titles where the cut point was off.) And worst of all, there are big-ass logos in not one, not two, but three corners of the screen.

Worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks