Ronald Epstein
269749274_10160104701186563_7488991381075499198_n.jpg

NEW 2022 1080pHD Master from best preservation elements
EDGE OF DARKNESS (1943)
BD50
B&W
Aspect Ratio 16x9 1.37 with SIDE MATTES
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 MONO

SPECIAL FEATURES: Vintage WB Short GUN TO GUN (HD), Vintage WB Cartoon TO DUCK OR NOT TO DUCK (HD), Original Theatrical Trailer (HD)
In 1930, director Lewis Milestone won an Academy Award®* for his eloquent anti-war masterpiece, All Quiet on the Western Front. But with Edge of Darkness, made in 1943 during the dark days of the German blitzkrieg, Milestone displays no such pacifist sentiments. Indeed, this remarkable drama, set in a small Norwegian village, pays tribute to the heroic spirit of common people taking up arms against the Nazi invaders. Errol Flynn delivers a fine, understated performance as a common fisherman who leads the town’s resistance efforts, while Ann Sheridan’s strong character reflects the strength of all womankind. And featured in the superb ensemble cast are Walter Huston, Ruth Gordon and Judith Anderson.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

titch

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
One of Flynn's most underrated movies. An immediate purchase for me.
Never heard of this, but as it is set in Norway, I'll have to get it - although it just might be more camp to us locals, than for you guys ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Never heard of this, but as it is set in Norway, I'll have to get it - although it just might be more camp to us locals, than for you guys ;)
It might be camp to you all, but, it does show most of your people in a good light. A rather brutal film for 1943.

Rodney

Premium
It's a really good film that I think you'll enjoy with some fine action sequences. Without a doubt, it's full of propaganda, but that shouldn't be surprising since it was released in 1943.
Robert, is this the first RCR for 2022? If so, I will also blind-buy this one.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Here's hoping they are re-doing all the films from the Flynn WW2 Adventures set in Blu-ray considering there are reports of disc rot in that set. Since they've already released Objective, Burma!, after this they will only have Uncertain Glory, Desperate Journey and Northern Pursuit to finish the set.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
Here's hoping they are re-doing all the films from the Flynn WW2 Adventures set in Blu-ray considering there are reports of disc rot in that set. Since they've already released Objective, Burma!, after this they will only have Uncertain Glory, Desperate Journey and Northern Pursuit to finish the set.
I'd also like to see WAC start upgrading the titles from the second Flynn collection since disc rot ruined my entire set.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
From Leonard Maltin: "Intense, compelling drama of underground movement in Norway during Nazi takeover in WW2. Eye-popping camerawork complements the performances."

I couldn't have said it better.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Amazon link has gone live, but the actual release date is in question. Amazon and Bull Moose are showing a January 18th release date while Deep Discount and other retailers are showing a February 22nd release.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Nice to not be able to complain for a change about Ann Sheridan being ignored by the Warner Archive program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj
Recent bookmarks