Eddie Izzard on DVD

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tyler DJW, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Tyler DJW

Tyler DJW Stunt Coordinator

Eddie Izzard's show "Circle" is supposed to be released today 9/23/03. "Glorious" was originally supposed to be released earlier 9/2/03 but that was changed.

Can anyone confirm seeing "Circle" in stores today, and does anyone have information about Glorious. I've been waiting for Glorious on DVD for about 2 years, since I first saw it on VHS.

I love Dress to Kill, but can't wait for more. I had the good fortune of seeing his new show Sexie in San Francisco about two weeks ago and he's just as funny in person.

Is anyone else excited about these new releases?

2. Peka J

Peka J Agent

I am excited Tyler. I love Dress to Kill and it is one of the most frequently quoted recent comedy routines at work. Lots of people love it. I don't know much about Circle, but Eddie Izzard promoting it on Leno last week or the week before. When was it filmed and where was the show? What about Glorious? Never heard about that one.

I'm sure Circle is coming out or already is out since he was on Leno promoting it.

- Peter

3. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

I'm going to see his show Sexie today in a couple hours. I love Dress to Kill (hopefully he will autograph my dvd for me) and I'll pick up any other releases he makes.

I'll have to see if I can find Circle but I had a hard enough time finding Dress to Kill at the local B&M's. [​IMG]

4. Tyler DJW

Circle is pretty good, but I've found Glorious to be exceptionally good. I think it's his best show. If I find it at a B&M chain I'll post what I find. Circle is available on Amazon now, but I'd rather just pick it up.

Enjoy Sexie! I didn't get my DVD autographed but others were saying he's really good about waiting around to get everyone's an autograph if they're waiting for it.[​IMG]

5. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

Fans of Izzard will also want to check out his performance as Charles Chaplin in Peter Bogdanovich's The Cat's Meow, available on DVD. [​IMG]

6. Joe Solek

Joe Solek Agent

I saw Circle in my local Borders today.

7. Jason Harbaugh

Just got back from the show, oh man is there anything this man can say that isn't funny? Sold out performance and he was on all night long. Audience ate him up as well. Can't wait for the dvd of SEXIE which they did film a few bits of tonight. Mostly just some audience shots, and one through his legs. Did they do that part at the other performances too?

I couldn't wait around though to get my dvd signed, I was with family who didn't want to stick it out. [​IMG]

8. MatthewLouwrens

MatthewLouwrens Producer

I'll be buying the Sexie DVD - I saw him perform the show about six weeks ago. Great show, very funny, but he was starting his tour in NZ, and you could see that he was really testing his material, seeing what worked, and I imagine will develop the show as a result. So it will be interesting to see what the Sexie material ends up like, having seen it in embryonic form.

I didn't realise there were other DVDs of him available. I'll have to look for them.

9. Tyler DJW

They didn't film anything at the San Francisco showing, at least the one I attended. I think because the show of "Dress to Kill" that made it to DVD was from SF, it wasn't surprising they didn't film it again.

Thanks for the heads-up on Borders. If I don't find it at BB or Target, I'll stop there and try to pick it up.

10. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Is the protocol to wait around the auditorium after the show-- or do folks go hang around stage doors like at rock shows? I'd love to get the insert for my disc signed!

-Vince

11. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Suncoast has CIRCLE on sale for $14.95. They have also had DRESS TO KILL on sale in the past, and have always had it in stock as far as I know.

CIRCLE was filmed in New York City in 2000. He put on a good show, but it was weaker than DRESS TO KILL or GLORIOUS.

James Mason is still the voice of God.

12. Stu Rosen

Stu Rosen Second Unit

Tons of copies at Tower (Lincoln Center, NY) for $14.99.

13. Jonathan White

Jonathan White Stunt Coordinator

I'm going to see the "Sexie" tour on 11th December, is it all new material or just his greatest hits? The last time I saw him live, it was mostly old stuff. Not that I'm complaining, I think he's great.

14. Jason Harbaugh

I haven't seen Glorious or Circle but after reading synopsis of those shows I believe this is all new material. Very few call backs to previous stuff.

He covers his new 'set of tits', greek mythology, more religion, 9-11, mars, trading spaces, dogs and animals, horseback riding during the filming of one of his movies, and lots of bits inbetween. All of it was new to me but I've only seen Dress to Kill.