What's new

Eddie Izzard: Dress to Kill DVD, November 26th (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I had already ordered a copy of this for my mother in law for Christmas. Now i think it's time to order one for me as well :)

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Wow I am so glad that it is the HBO appearance. I think I will have to buy copies for everyone for Christmas. :D

Evan Case

Screenwriter
"Did he just say he was a fucking doughnut?"

Great stuff, but I think I'll have to make do with my HBO-recorded copy for the time being (no moolah to spend on things I already have substantial amounts of).

Evan

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
No one around me had it instock. So ordered it online for instore pickup. Hopefully soon. Oddly, another friend said that he found a place with tons instock in his area.

GaryEA

Second Unit
Received my copy in the mail from Amazon on release date.

It's great to have this on disc, and well worth the hunt if you still haven't found it yet.

-g

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Found it at Tower Day Of, but I had to ask for it tho. (same thing with the McCartney disc - why do they wait to put out some new releases until around mid-day and not have them on the racks by opening?).

Apparently Eddie was doing a signing at the Virgin Mega in LA but I wasn't going to drive up there for that.

-paul

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Got mine!
Its awesome. Good picture quality, the full HBO performance with some great added stuff that wasn't there when I saw it. Some really nice extras too!
"No, I said..Mature..Mature ejaculation!"
Now how about we get a release of "Glorious" as well:)...

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm planning on picking this up next week. I hadn't seen this thread before, but I was all up on this special years ago, it's so freakin funny.
Since then I had the great pleasure of catching Eddie Izzard on stage starring in Lenny (he was brilliant as Lenny Bruce) while in London. Not only that, but the added bonus was that Elizabeth Berkley played the stripper/wife. Yes, Berkley live, nude. Who says theater is dead! :D

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
Picked it up at Best Buy on the day of its release. They only had one copy and it was in their impossible to find anything special interest section. It is a shame this disc is so hard to find. Great DVD! (I had seen the show on HBO a while back). Any dates on the 2003 tour set? I would love to see him live.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
After a week BB told me that they didn't have it in any stores, so I cancelled that and just ordered it from overstock. Finally it should be arriving in a few days.

"Helga, I just created a manuever."

I finally got this the other day from backorder even though I pre-ordered it. It was every bit as funny as I remembered and then some. I have a question for everyone. I have a stutter-step/pause at 28:54 right after he says "A little naive I feel" and the camera cuts away from the close up to the wide stage shot. It kinda hangs up at this point for a second. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me? I don't have problems with any other disks. Even at layer changes it's not this drastic. Did I just get a bad disc? If someone could check for me and let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Mike

GaryEA

Second Unit
Michael,

I just checked it with my Panny A310 and the same thing briefly happens, but it doesn't happen at all on my PC.

-g

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Michael, I noticed the same problem. Guess that is one heck of a layer change.

Great DVD though, well worth the wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks