Ed Wood: Special Edition R2

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Zane Charron, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Zane Charron

Zane Charron Second Unit

I just ran across this on Amazon.de. I know it had been indefinately postponed in Region 1, but DIDN'T know that it was even slated for Region 2. The UK edition (which is already out) says this of the extras.

2. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug

3. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

4. Julian Lalor

Julian Lalor Supporting Actor

The music video did not appear on the Laserdisc. In fact, there were no extras on the laserdisc. I would think it was made for the DVD.

5. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

Interesting that the LD was released without supplements. The film may not have done so well at the box office, but it did win two Oscars. Didn't Disney want to give themselves a 'pat on the back' when this was released on LD?

I don't know how many people have seen the weird 'Music Video' on the Ed Wood disc, but I still find it hard to believe that this was filmed especially for the DVD release - it really is one of the strangest things I've ever seen on a DVD.

Considering the disc in America before it was yanked was to be part of Buena Vista's 'Bargin Line' and the same is true of the UK (where it is priced in Beuna Vista UK's lowest pricing band) I doubt any new supplements were filmed (after all even the commentary is pieced together from various interviews).

Could this 'Music Video' be part of the original EPK for the film's release? Does anybody know?