What's new

Ed Wood: Official Specs (1 Viewer)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Dammit!! Dammit!!

This was my most awaited disc of the year. I just recorded over the widescreen version that I taped from TCM too. I thought that this close to the release date, we were good to go.

Darn! Darn!! Darn!!! (Herman Munster Style!!)

Robert_eb

Supporting Actor
I won't mind the delay if they are making this release extra special. But being so close to the release date wouldn't they have a bunch of the discs pressed and ready to be shipped?

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I think they would... which leads me to think that this is more of a clearance issue or something like that.
But a guy can hope, can't he? :)

Matthew H

Second Unit
Someone at the DVDFile message boards got the R1 edition imported over in England. Apparently some copies got out before the cancellation? :confused:

MarkBurton

Second Unit
This reminds me of the 2 Disk Platinum set of Boogie Nights where the review copies contained the edited documentary Exhaused. But then there was a rights issue and the disk that came out was sans documentary.

What a lucky fellow. He is the only person I know who has a complete Tim Burton DVD collection. Well, I don't really know him. You know?

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Well, if some people have already got a copy, then it is probably a rights issue and someone came storming in to stop the release. If that's the case, it could get ugly.
Or maybe it's just a rare chance that they got permission on something they didn't think they would and now want to include it. I hope for the best, either way.
Bruce

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

personally I just wish that Buena Vista would tell us why it's been delayed. What's with the secrecy, dammit. Or is the consumer just so unimportant that they don't need to tell us?

Chris

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Ed Wood DVD (Catalog Number 24397)

Special features include:

Commenrtary from cast and filmmakers
"Making Bela" make-up featurette
Production Design: "Pie Plates Over Hollywood"
Behind The Scenes: "Let's Shoot This F#*%@r!"
"The Theremin" documentary
"When Carol Met Larry" cross-dressing introspective (!)
Music Video
Dolby 5.1
1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen
Spanish subtitles

MarkBurton

Second Unit
Well, I went to Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Blockbuster today and all three told me that they have a street date of 12/31/02 (which is a Tuesday). We'll see.

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor
Funny how those specs the guy on the forum posted are nothing like the official specs on the Buena Vista retailer site... ;)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
By the way, I see there's a few of these on Ebay now for those who still doubt this thing is out there.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks