What's new

Ed Wood: Official Specs (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Music Video
• Pie Plates Over Hollywood-(possibly the UK docs put together as 1 documentary?)
• Audio Commentary with Director Tim Burton, Actor Martin Landau, etc.
Specs • Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
• Presentation Size: 16x9

John CW

Supporting Actor
Hmmm. How about a commentary with real-life friends of Wood?

At least Burton isn't on his own though, I sure hope Marty Landau is feeling animated - Burton's commentarys have been screaming for someone else to be present for ages!

~ John

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Well, I prefer the theatrical poster, but the DVD cover (although not great) really does capture the spirit of the film.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
That is the original video release and VHS cover artwork. I agree that the original theatrical poster is much better and considering that this movie is aimed at a particular crowd, you would think that they could have chose better artwork, but I will undoubtedly be purchasing this disc no matter what.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the theatrical poster would have been nice, but even the video art isn't all that bad. Either way, it's a winner.

Bruce

Travis D

Second Unit
Could anyone provide a link to tohe original poster art? I'd like to see that for comparison.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Cool, thanks for the info Jeff. I've been waiting for this disc a long time. I may have to watch and 'enjoy' Bride of the Monster again to get my Ed Wood fix.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Is there still any truth to the rumour that Criterion may opt to pick this one up? Otherwise I'm all over this release. I love the film.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Nick, nope. No Criterion. They did think it would make a great addition to the Collection, but that was it. I'm sure they looked into it and got denied

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Hmm-interesting. Anyone listened to the Burton commentarries on any of his other discs? Didn't find his Sleepy Hollow one that interesting, but maybe others are better?

I was hoping to see a Tim Burton box set at one point, but I don't think that'll happen (along with Beetlejuice and Batman SEs). I'll be getting this one though!

MarkBurton

Second Unit
From DVDFile:

Bad news for Ed Wood fans...Buena Vista has just announced that the upcoming special edition of Tim Burton's Academy Award-winning comedy has been postponed until further notice. Originally scheduled for release on 8/13, no new date has been announced, but stay tuned...

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
What would be the reason for the delay? Very disappointing news, I was really looking forward to owning this title.

Carol Razavi

Stunt Coordinator
Maybe they came to their senses and have decided to give this the Criterion treatment afterall.... or, I guess I could take a Vista Series:D
Here's hoping this isn't a mindless delay.

MarkBurton

Second Unit

Hopefully, this is the reason for the delay...
On July 12th, 2000, Sean Anderson and Lee Kline of Criterion held an on-line chat on The Home Theater Forum. Since Disney has a working relationship with Criterion (Chasing Amy, Rushmore & Armageddon), they were asked about the possiblity of a Criterion Ed Wood. Both of them love the movie and indicated that it could happen. Keep your fingers crossed. Here is a link to the article if you want to read it....
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...00htfchat.html
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/files/criterion.txt

Matthew_S

Second Unit
Well if this is true (about a possible criterion), why did BV wait until now to decide? We were two weeks away from having this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks