What's new

Ed Wood, Jr. Collection (DVD) 6-Disc Set $39.99 (1 Viewer)

Al (alweho)

Second Unit
I didn't see this listed on any of the DVD sites, nor did I see it here before. (Forgive me if it has been mentioned before.) Looks like Image is releasing the ultimate Ed Wood collection, 6 discs for $40 list, a steal. Below is the slightly edited text from the Image site detailing the release:

MSRP: $39.99
Release Date: 10/5/2004
Studio: Image
Catalog Number: ID2653CODVD

Weird! Wild! Wood! The most legendary B-movie director of all time, Edward D. Wood, Jr. assaulted audiences worldwide with a string of bizarre, no-budget fusions of horror, science fiction, noir and comedy. Now his oddball legacy is finally collected in one indispensable box set!

Feast your eyes on his first feature, the madcap Glen or Glenda? in which Eddie himself portrays a transvestite struggling with his addiction to angora while Bela Lugosi offers inscrutable narration. Blackmail, outlaws on the run, and plastic surgery collide in the surreal crime drama Jail Bait, featuring a young Steve Reeves (Hercules), while Bela returns to create the Bride of the Monster in a heady collision of atomic experiments, a rampaging octopus and clumsy assistant Lobo (played by wrestler Tor Johnson).

Wood's indisputable disasterpiece, Plan 9 from Outer Space, offers pie-plate flying saucers, incompetent alien leaders, all-seeing psychic Criswell, goth favorite Vampira and a post-mortem appearance by Lugosi himself in his last film role. Then Lobo and a phony spiritualist usher in a Night of the Ghouls at a spooky marsh filled with shuffling undead and wailing ghosts.

Finally, learn all about the man himself with The Haunted World of Ed Wood, a comprehensive disc packed with interviews, film clips, TV rarities and much more! It's enough to make you scream!

Audio Format: Mono
Screen Format: Full Frame

Special Features: 6-Disc Set; Theatrical Trailers; Flying Saucers Over Hollywood: The Plan 9 Companion, a Feature-Length Documentary; Crossroads of Laredo, a Rarely Seen 23-minute Short Film by Ed Wood; Audio Commentary by Bela Lugosi, Jr. and Brett Thompson; The Ed Wood Reunion at the Palm Springs Film Festival; Galleries, Production Documents and much more!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I've seen it on boxsetbliss and submitted it to dvdaf. This looks to be the same discs already available but in a much cheaper boxset coming out just in time for the Tim Burton's Ed Wood DVD.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I must say that the Image PLAN 9 looks spectacular for a film with such a sordid history. Since that's the only one I own, I may just have to break down and purchase the set. I've not seen NIGHT OF THE GHOULS, but I enjoy the other films a great deal. JAIL BAIT isn't the best, but it still has some lovely Wood-ian moments in it.

Brian Thibodeau

Supporting Actor
Two of these, PLAN 9 and BRIDE OF THE MONSTER, are already marked down as part of the Wade Williams/Image two-packs.

PLAN 9 is paired with ROBOT MONSTER.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=IMA002158

BRIDE OF THE MONSTER is paired with Curt Siodmak's BRIDE OF THE GORILLA.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=IMA002205

Both sets are only $7.98, which is just under $4 bucks a movie, which means it would be nice to find this box set for about $24 at one of the online retailers. Deep Discount has it up for $29.25, so that's not too bad.

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=IMA002653

This basically represents a price drop on the remaining four titles, which still sell for upwards of $20 US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks