What's new

ED WOOD - Full DVD Details! (1 Viewer)

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
I love this movie! Can't wait to get my hands on the DVD!

The directors cut sounds interesting, as there is a scene withLandau as Lugosi walking through a graveyard in his cape saying "I am Dracula!" that Burton was sorry he cut after the film was released. Hope we get to see it on the DVD!
:)

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
DVDFile has posted full specs. and it's a 2-disc set! I could be mistaken, but the original release that a few lucky people managed to get was not 2-discs - right?
http://dvdfile.com/software/dvd-vide...003/11_05.html

Anyway, hopefully that means that the deleted scenes and some of the extras are a bit more substantial than they sound and this isn't just a marketing effort to make more money on the set.

I still haven't heard anything definitive that says this is a different cut of the film and if so, will the original cut be included also?

Another one of my 10 most wanted will be crossed off in a few months!

Matt Gordon

Supporting Actor
YES!!!! :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::t u::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::t u::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::t u::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup::emoji_thumbsup:

Also, February is when I'm going to get to try out a Segway HT for the first time! It's gonna be a cool month!

James Reader

Screenwriter
Anyway, hopefully that means that the deleted scenes and some of the extras are a bit more substantial than they sound and this isn't just a marketing effort to make more money on the set.
Well, two things. First the specs are exactly the same as the aborted release and the international relase apart from the deleted scenes. So I would guess the 2 disc set is an attempt to justify the additional cost.

Secondly, is this the first Burton film with deleted scenes? Are we actually sure we will get deleted scenes (especially if the film itself is a Director's Cut)?

Justin W

Stunt Coordinator
I saw this movie some time back and remember not getting what the fuss was all about. Perhaps I shall revisit it.

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
Secondly, is this the first Burton film with deleted scenes? Are we actually sure we will get deleted scenes (especially if the film itself is a Director's Cut)?
As I only managed to get 1/2 an hour through Planet of the Apes, I couldn't tell you if there were any deleted scenes on the disc. However, I do have Pee-Wee's Big Adventure sitting here, and there were 4 deleted scenes on that disc.

MarkBurton

Second Unit
It just puzzles me that everything except the deleted scenes were on the original recalled Region 1 disk.

So, if I am reading this correctly, they added some deleted scenes, made it a 2 disk set and doubled the price.

If everything but the deleted scenes were already able to fit on one disk, are we getting a second disk with just deleted scenes? If so, couldn't more have been added to the second disk?

It sounds like what they did is move all the suppliments to Disk 2 and left just the movie on Disk 1.

Is this right? Did they just add deleted scenes and double the price? I, personally, could lose the "When Carol Met Larry" suppliment and replace it with the deleted scenes and keep it at one disk.

If you look at it that way, the price has been doubled so that we can have "When Carol Met Larry".

I hope Disk 1 is the same as the original recalled disk and the deleted scenes are added to Disk 2 along with a bunch of other stuff. Anything to help justify this price. How about the soundtrack? Or "The Haunted World of Edward D. Wood Jr." documentary?
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...490141&redir=1

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
One rsdl disc with only the movie suits me just fine, instead of an rsdl disc with the movie and a bunch of extras. Hopefully because of this they can throw in a DTS track. In anycase, this is a must-by for me. Burton's best!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks