ED WOOD - Full DVD Details!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Patrick Mirza, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Buena Vista's long-awaited Ed Wood arrives on DVD with a new anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio.

Bonus features include an audio commentary (with director Tim Burton, actor Martin Landau, screenwriters Scott Alexander & Larry Karazewski, costume designer Colleen Atwood, and cinematographer Stefan Czapsky), deleted scenes, "Let's Shoot This [email protected]!" behind-the-scenes documentary, the featurettes "The Theremin," "Making Bela" (a look at Rick Baker's amazing prosthetic work), "Pie Plates Over Hollywood" (realizing the offbeat and stunning visuals with production designer Tom Duffield), "When Carol Met Larry" (meet real-life cross-dressers and hear their take on the infamous filmmaker), an original music video co-directed by Burton and choreographer Toni Basil, and the original theatrical trailer.

Look for Ed Wood: DVD Director's Cut on February 3rd 2004 with a retail $29.99.

2. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

The Directer's Cut labeling is strange. I don't know, but perhaps the international discs are slightly reedited from the cinema showing.

Supplements are exactly the same as the recalled discs, and the international discs. As predicted.

3. Darren Pillans

Darren Pillans Second Unit

It sounds EXACTLY the same as the Region 4 disc I've had for freakin' ages.

It makes no sense why this title was pulled and why did take it so long to come out?

4. Patrick Mirza

Patrick Mirza Supporting Actor

Maybe Disney knew Johnny Depp was eventually going to go "huge" and were just waiting for his star to rise (and sell more copies)? [​IMG]

My hope is that some additional material *may* be announced for this disc before street date.

5. Jon Robertson

Jon Robertson Screenwriter

I think the deleted scenes are new, but that's it. Everything else is 100% identical.

6. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    One thing has changed - the retail $29.99; I recall this on pre-order for just a few bucks before it was pulled. Nothing there, however, that makes me want to upgrade from my R2.

---
    So many films, so little time...

7. DaViD Boulet

DaViD Boulet Lead Actor

I've had this one on laser for years. Can't wait to receive and *review* the DVD!

dave [​IMG]

8. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

Excellent news, but considering the delay it certainly doesn't seem like there's much if any new material. Nonetheless, this disc will be mine!

9. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Screenwriter
    Supporter

Wow. As much as I love this film, $29.99 is a little high nowadays for a catalog release. I realize that unless I shop at Suncoast that I can get it for less than that, but does anyone else think that this is a little high?

PS I am a relic with a LD player, so I know how much bare-bones LD's used to cost. I'm just commenting on current pricing.

10. Darren Pillans

Darren Pillans Second Unit

Ah, I missed the deleted scenes.

That could be cool.

Is there a cover for this yet?

11. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

So if this is being labeled as a "Director's Cut", does that mean it really does have a new cut of the film on it instead of the theatrical version? Regardless, I'm thrilled that it's finally been announced for release. That's one more long-awaited title I can cross off my wish list. [​IMG]

12. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

I just got a region free player and was gonna order Ed Wood.

Might as well wait for the region 1.

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME!!

13. Bill Burns

Bill Burns Supporting Actor

I had the pleasure of seeing this in a midnight sneak preview before its official release. That was one of the most pleasurable moviegoing surprises of my life, not unlike being the first patron in a new theme park.

February 3rd cannot arrive too quickly. [​IMG] "Goodbye, p ...!" Eh, um, "pesky release delay," yeah, yeah, that's it .... [​IMG]

14. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Finally. Hopefully it doesn't get pulled close to street date. This is Tim Burton's best work and i'll be glad to finally own it. Superb film. [​IMG]

15. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Good news. But if this is another premature ejaculation, er, wishful thought, I'm gonna eat my sweater and get very angora [​IMG]

16. BarryS

BarryS Second Unit

It's about #%&$ing time! Can't wait.

17. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I'm confused. Is this a different cut of the film? If so, is the theatrical version included?

18. Jeff D Han

Jeff D Han Supporting Actor

YIPEE! Now I can get rid of my laserdisc. [​IMG]

19. Haden

Haden Supporting Actor

This better not end up being like Duel, where they teased us not once but TWICE with scheduled release dates, only to end up putting it on hold just 2-3 weeks before the date.

20. Jason Borchers

Jason Borchers Second Unit