Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just got this from DVDEmpire:

"Dear Customer

We have just been informed that Disney has cancelled the release of
"Ed Wood: The Special Edition" due to unforseen circumstances.. We are
going to change the title to TBA in our database in case they decide to
change the release after all. This will leave your order in our system and
guarantee you get a copy when the movie is released.

We do apologize for this inconvenience.
DVD Empire"

Geez, what's it going to take to actually get this movie out? This is turning into another Duel!

EDIT: I don't know if it was there before, but it is not listed at all on BV's release list for 2004 (video.com).

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
For crying out loud, it's coming out in less than 2 weeks! Wouldn't it all be shipped to stores by now??

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Someone please tell me this is a joke!! This has been one of my most wanted DVDs since the launch of the format. What possible unforseen circumstances could there be after all these years, except some retard not doing their job.

:angry: :angry:

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
This could explain why we haven't seen any reviews yet (or does Buena Vista usually send out their review copies late?).

At this rate Big Fish will be out on DVD before Ed Wood, and Burton will probably have his next film in the theatres.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
This is very disturbing. This is due to be released in just 11 days! I checked my preorder from Amazon, and didn't say anything about it. I checked at least 5 other online retailers and got conflicting reports. DVD Planet and DDD did not list it, but Best Buy, DVD Soon and 1 other (I forget which) still had it down for 2/3.

D'oh!!!!!

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
2004 list

This is the list I saw. I really hope it is released on 2/3, I just wanted to alert people who may have also pre-ordered it.

Also, the Ed Wood page doesn't seem to list a purchase date, but when pulling up a future title like Duplex, it does list buy 3/2/04.

Douglas Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Douglas Bailey
Well, I got the same "cancelled" e-mail from DVD Empire. Then, five minutes later, I got this:
We have just been informed by the studio that the release date for 'Ed Wood: Special Edition' has been changed to TBA.

TBA = To Be Announced (No Release Date Specified Yet)

Your order has been kept in place and will be processed normally. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
So it sounds like it might just be a street-date slip that's been handled weirdly by Buena Vista. I'm keeping my hopes up for now...

Rick P

Supporting Actor
At least one person reports already having received copies for their store.

It's gone from DVD Planet and Amazon.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
A video store employee on DVD Talk said that his (unnamed) store has received 15 copies, and they hadn't received a recall notice as of his posting.

Brian Manning

Auditioning
From The Digital Bits:

"Well, here's disappointing news. Buena Vista's Ed Wood: Special Edition (previously scheduled for release on 2/3) has been indefinitely delayed... again. We've been receiving a lot of e-mails from our retail sources over the last 12 hours, and we've just heard official word from the studio. We have no idea why this might be happening, or when the title might be re-slated for release, but you can be sure we'll update you with anything we hear."

Bummer!

:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks