What's new

Ed is moving to Friday night (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Let's be reasonable here... It's not like Ed is exactly cleaning up on Wednesday night - it's regularly coming in fourth. It's a relatively close fourth - Ed isn't exactly getting it's butt kicked - but considering how well The West Wing and Law & Order do, you can see why NBC might think they could do better in that time slot.

Meanwhile, NBC is actually doing fairly well on Friday nights, and may figure that Ed can thrive on the night where Providence had success, and where Mister Sterling is also not doing badly at all.

My question is, what is NBC putting in that slot? More Dateline, or something worth watching?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just read an article about this move - Actually, one of the reasons is to avoid the massacre in March when CBS moves Survivor to Wednesdays because CBS will be showing March Madness (NCAA Basketball) on Thursdays and Fridays, and Ed should still be able to pull in its ratings (in the 6's for the most part) with a Friday slot, supposedly Ed was moved to Fridays last year as well in March for 3 weeks.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well if it's not permanent...than I can set the vcr.
I don't think that Providence, and Mister Sterling is the same crowd that watches Ed is it?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I don't think that Providence, and Mister Sterling is the same crowd that watches Ed is it?
Not the same, but I think there's some overlap - somewhat saccharine, "uplifting" shows whose demographics skew older than what WB and ABC show and more female than Hack. Truthfully, I think pairing Ed with Mister Sterling might be good for it.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Plus, who thought pairing Ed with The West Wing was a good idea? Pairing it with Mister Sterling isn't a big leap.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Well I guess your're right Jason and Patrick.
I guess Ed didn't really go well with West Wing. Maybe it will get some new viewers on Friday.

Paul, I'm not lucky enough to have a tivo yet. $$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks