Ed - 2/19/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent_H, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

Wow...Ed is finally starting to get good again. Besides the beginning of the season its been kinda poopy until Frankie showed up. So, can we predict the finale yet? Ed must choose between Frankie and Carol. Should we expect NBC to pick Ed up for next year? We can only hope so. Warren Cheswisk doing the whole scene from "Say Anything" was CLASSIC........hahahahah...

2. David Dennison

David Dennison Second Unit

Another great episode. Frankie has sure breathed life into the show. I have always watched it mostly because West Wing and L&O follow it. However, now Ed is the reason for turning on the tv Wednesday nights.

I did not realize NBC was considering not picking up Ed for next year. I sure hope they do.

I just knew Warren was going to be doing the "Say Anything" scene before Stella even opened the door. That was great. Speaking of Stella, Warren is one lucky guy. [​IMG]

3. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I woke my kids up laughing from Cheswick's homage to "Say Anything"...the spliced in "Stella" for Sherri was friggin' hysterical. It's not going to work in the long run - Cheswick has the right heart, but he's 18, and just too immature. I can identify a LOT with him - wanting a "grown up" relationship but not realizing he's not grown up enough to have one! I was so there, so long ago.

Ed's legal case - another joke. I was VERY disappointed in the courtroom scenes. I understand because of time we see only a very compressed view of the trial, but both sides put on such lousy cases...and I can't believe Ed LOST. My respect for Stuckeyville residents just droppped.

However, the writing for Frankie and Ed was very good, in terms of the relationship. I'm almost wishing Carol wasn't even on the show - they're such a good match. (Anyone else think Julie Bowen looks much better with longer hair?)

Molly's staggering incompetence in dealing with teenagers continues to astound me. How she survived teaching for ten years or so absolutely puzzles me. Of course Ryan is embarrassed by his dad dating the principal. Of course he's going to resist any "friendly gestures" from Molly. And frankly, I am not sure she should be trying to be his "friend." Both as a principal and as an adult, she should ask for respect, but friendship?

Next week looks interesting as Ed and Frankie apparently:

do some serious smooching!

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

5. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I don't suppose anyone recorded this episode of Ed on their computer?!?

We missed it last night... and Kazaa does not seem to have Ed episodes...

6. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

I usually watch TV shows when it is convenient for me. Ed is the only show that I make sure I don't miss.

Cheswick, you one funny guy. Had me rolling on that scene. He even had the right wardrobe and radio.

(paraphrasing)
    Stella: "It's been done before."
    Warren: "Everything's been done before."

True that.

Anybody else do a double take when Shirley quickly yoink-ed Frankie's abandoned drink?

7. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

8. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

WARREN! WARREN! WARREN! WARREN! WARREN! WARREN!

9. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

Andrew:
    Maybe you could set someting up with someone at www.stuckeyville.com's 'Tape Trader's Outpost' and get your hands on a copy.

And if anyone's interested here's a link to a little petition to try to keep Ed on the air. [​IMG]

10. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor

11. Chucky P

Chucky P Supporting Actor

Charles Paulsen
    I am surprised that no brought up The Good Samaritan Law which states if you hurt someone accidentally while trying to help them they can not sue you but when Ed pull the dad from Undeclared out of the car I knew he was getting sued.

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This was a really good character-driven episode. That's it, all I got to say...besides "Oh....stella" LOL!

13. Jeff_Standley

Jeff_Standley Supporting Actor

I absolutely love this show. Every time I turn off my TV after an episode I cant wait for the next. My man warren C. finally became a man. The say anything tribute was great. and the over dubbed stella during their intimate talk killed me.

14. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

15. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter