Ed 10/8/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Another winning episode of Ed. Loved the whole Seabiscuit vibe with Ed and Mike buying a horse, and living their dreams (only to be crushed by an not-so-good finishing position).

The intertwining of Carol's beliefs and Ed's outlook clashed, but in the end, when it matter, Ed came through with flying colors. Molly suspending Carol seemed overly rushed (and Carol didn't really get all upset about it either, maybe she is in a different place where it didn't bother her as much - not sweating the big stuff?)

Warren needs therapy...bad.

Eli's subplot was a little bizarre, but nothing too far-fetched considering where Phil's subplots have gone.

Shirley's "Johnny on the spot" ability was emerging to good comic effect.

2. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

While I enjoyed some parts of the episode, overall it kind of fell flat for me. A big part of it might be the fact that I've never seen (or read) Seabiscuit, so until Patrick pointed it out above, I didn't get it. Some random thoughts:

I just now remembered the unspoken horse joke and it made me chuckle.

My wife commented about halfway through on how it seemed like the writers seemed to be giving us some breathing room from the "Ed & Carol" drama in this episode, only to have it come back in the end -- but in a very good way.

Maybe they're trying to set up Eli & "Jenny-fair" as the new will they/won't they?

I know TV involves a certain suspension of disbelief, but they were stretching it when Carol got suspended for not pushing college on Warren. Would a school really do that? Do teachers really have to jump at the command of any parent who demands it? Somehow, I think not. Parents are the ones who need to be in a position to guide their children, not the teachers.

At the end, when Warren was watching himself on TV, I didn't know whether to be touched or call the shrink. I'm making my prediction right now that this will turn into one o the major story lines as the show progresses: Warren's rise to fame despite his overall goofiness. He's always been the Mini Me to Ed, and I'm guessing he's the one to carry on the torch while Ed settles into a more normal life.

-Brett.

3. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Is saying "I've got to go see a man about a horse" really code for using the restroom? I thought that was great.

4. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

I just groan whenever Warren gets a lot of screen time. Overall the episode wasn't bad, but not too great. Then again I tend to prefer episodes without so much Warren [​IMG]

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I dug it. It was good to get away from the intensity of the Ed/Carol plot a bit. How's the show doing in the ratings so far?

6. Jim Douglas

Jim Douglas Second Unit

7. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

True, they haven't had a goofy court case in a while.

Any Warren episode is golden. GOLDEN, I TELL YA!