Ed: 10/22/2003

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Michael Hughes, Oct 23, 2003.

1. Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes Second Unit

This was an uneven episode, but the final scene with the 21 Ball salute with "Come Sail Away" playing in the background was classic ED. A very fitting ending indeed. The guardian test for Sara was ludicrous.

I was glad to see the Molly and Mike/Nancy storylines get more airplay this week. I don't know if Mmolly is gonna stay with "Biff" but it seems like she s gonna get some of the Dating issues focus this season.

I wonder what the big surprise twist is gonna be that NBC has been promoing? A Baby, A Surprise Wedding?

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I'm not sure the surprise twist NBC is promoting will amount to too much. Remember, November is a sweeps month, so the networks are trying to hype up the next month's episodes.

3. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

Pretty good episode. Glad to see Warren, as I love Warren. And that ending. Damn... Just amazing. The 21 Ball Salute was probably one of the most touching things I've seen on a TV show in a loooonnngggg time.

And plus, who can so no to Styx?

4. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Didn't they promote the "surprise twist" with the "previouslies" from last week? This made me think that this episode was shown out of order (possibly as a sacrifice to the MLB World Series gods), and that whatever twist occurs, the reset button will be pressed on it within one or two episodes. Maybe they were really promoting an episode besides the next one, and I don't remember the fine print?

Oh well, the only think certain about NBC promos for Ed is that they will blow small elements of the show out of proportion to make it look like an episode of Friends instead of Ed. [​IMG]

Regards,

5. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Whenver I hear the Styx, I always think of the Simpsons episode where Homer is travelling through the River Styx screaming. [​IMG]

6. Aric Friesen

Aric Friesen Extra

What I think is weird, is in another episode, Homer actually liked Styx. He asked for them in a record store named Suicide Notes, if I'm remembering correctly.

7. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

I think there are a lot of Styx references in TS. The writers must like them! Cheesy 80's music. I enjoy it.