What's new

Ed 10/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Episode 3.4

Much ado about nothing.

Ed's curiosity gets the better of him when he finds out that Carol has love letters from a flame in college before Nick. Ed tracks down the old flame, Dylan (who is misinformed by Ed of her current situation), and Dylan contacts Carol out of the blue, and sets off a tone of mistrust between Ed and Carol. Of course, this doesn't make Carol all that happy, and finally she just tosses a small stack of letters to Ed to just clear the slate. Ed feels really really small about the whole ordeal. Finally after his court case, Ed decides to leave the past in the past and hands back the letters unread.

The court case was the typical storyline of a town's history being based on a lie, threatens to destroy a direct descendant's place in the town, but then Ed put a different spin on the events, and a new tradition is born.

Eli's making headway with the pie lady.

It was an average Ed episode, but still more entertaining that other average shows.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It was nice that all of the subplots except for Eli and "Jenny-Fair" the Pie Lady actually tied together with the "historical" theme. Mike once again gets the best line when he tells Ed that he can read his wife like a book ... a book with a lot of big words that he doesn't understand and doesn't look up, but he can still read it. :)

Regards,

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
The Eli/Pie Lady romance replaces the Ed/Carol one in the ‘will they/won’t they’ dance.

Don Black

Screenwriter
I enjoyed the episode but I found the conclusion to the whole "General Stuckey" bit to me laugh out loud silly. When they dropped their weapons and people clapped, I was on the floor at how ridiculous that was. A better ending was definitely needed....

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
I still think the writers are trying to find the right tone for the post episodes of the Ed-Carol relationship. The eps have been lacking and we need to see more of Molly, Warren P and Phil Stubbs. Is it me or has Ed himself just seemed really silly since the season opener?

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
I don’t think that Ed has been any sillier than usual. But before, we understood (or excused ) his silliness to be a part of his desire for Carol. Now that he has the girl in hard (so to speak), his normal antics seem sillier than before.

I do agree they are trying to hit the right tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks