What's new

Ed 1/30/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Cheswick brought in the funny.

Lloyd brought in the sappy drama.

Shirley brought in the reach for the brass ring (or Tobey).

Stella brought in Warren to surprise Carol inadvertently.

Carol brought in the judgment and self-centeredness.

Nancy brought in a new pregnancy.

Mike brought in the cooties.

Ed brought in tears and frustration.

Phil brought in ... his usual Philness.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This episode had a bit of everything. Makes me sad that next week is the final episode. Damn NBC sucks! :angry:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
It was a nice change-of-pace from the previous few eps in that it wasn't all EdAndCarol.

Warren & Carol in the shower was a scream. You knew it was coming, but they took it a lot farther than I would have guessed:
:laugh:

Glad to see Shirley & Toby might get some... of each other. Nice pairing, too bad we won't get to see it develop. :frowning:

One more episode, and then the wait for the DVDs...

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
This was a very funny episode.

It will be sad to see the show end next week.

~T

KerryK

Stunt Coordinator
I was so happy to see Dr. Jerome one more time. And what a funny way to introduce Nancy's pregnancy. I too will miss this show!

But what was up with Carol? What an overreaction! And why only 2 min of Molly!?

Jim Douglas

Second Unit
Is Ed done for sure? I mean forever? I know the ratings have been down but have they actually announced it won't be back next year?
Thanks
Jim

Pamela

Supporting Actor

The official word from NBC is that no decision has been made. Judging from their Ed ads, as well as the ratings, it looks like it is a goner. They've been promoting this season's final episode as the "final episode of Ed." :frowning:

Mitcheizik

Agent
I was mentioning to the wife at the beginning of the show that I wonder if Warren is still on the show and then their he pops up. Very funny shower seen. I didn't know untill reading this thread that Ed will not be seen any more. What a bummer.

Pamela

Supporting Actor
From today's tvguide online:

NO TIME TO SPARE: NBC has been touting Friday's wedding-themed Ed as the show's "final" episode — and for once it seems the Peacock's promo department is telling it like it is. "It's been a terrific run, but the odds are this is its final season," NBC entertainment president Jeff Zucker tells TV Guide Online. Although Zucker adds there's a small chance the 4-year-old dramedy could return next season — "We're going to leave ourselves a little flexibility for when we put the schedule together in May" — he confirms that the show's actors have been given the green light to pursue other work. Translation: Fork. Stick. Done.

Look on the bright side: Once the series goes off the air, they are contractually free to release the DVDs!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Not necessarily depending on what their syndication plans are and how that is layed out in the contracts, but it's the only TV series my wife has ever expressed an interest in owning on DVD, so I hope you are right.

Regards,

Michael Hughes

Second Unit
It's been a terrific run and the Wedding is a natural conclusion to what has been one of the best shows of the past 4 years. At least we got 4 years, right?

Nathan_W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nathan
Don't know if anyone's interested, but Stuckeyville.com's trying to put together and ad to run in Variety magazine about saving Ed. The final decision looks like it's already been made, but some fans might not mind contributing a little bit anyway.

Here's a link to a page put up by a well respected member at Stuckeyville.com about the effort. He also talked about it in a short radio interview with a Chicago station. You can hear the interview in mp3 format, there's a link somewhere in the middle of this thread.

Anyway, here's hoping NBC changes its mind... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks