Ed - 1/22/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent_H, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Brent_H

Brent_H Second Unit

Wasn't that BIFF from BTTF? Looks like he might have a recurring role.....HELLO? ANYBODY HOME? [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I believe that was Biff (Thomas F. Wilson)from BTTF. Hello, Molly! Hello, Molly! *Knock* *Knock* *Knock* [​IMG]

Overall, it was an average episode. The Phil subplot was just even more loonier than I had ever imagined.

The high school revenge/retribution angle would have been more tied to the WB's High School Reunion than an episode of Ed. I fully understand Carol's shame, though. I was probably guilty of that with one of my friends who I still maintain some semblance of regular contact over the years since.

The "Molly dealing with the geek victim" subplot was designed to run parallel with Carol's court case, but it wasn't as potent as it could have been.

Too little of Frankie!

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I checked the credits as well, and it was definitely Biff. [​IMG] I enjoyed the episode. Mike was especially droll even though his part was very small. I got a kick out of Phil's extreme bowling stuff and the Jackass-like stunt with the dogs.

Regards,

4. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

5. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I've taught high school, and Molly's performance as a principal scares me. She's still far too worried about what the students think. She's used to only having to defend limited borders (her own room) and it's a very different war being in charge of the whole school.

And while the jerks who were hazing the kid should have been disciplined, there's a lot of truth that without some sort of internal cultural change, her ability to stop such incidents is limited.

I'm hoping that Carol's lawsuit was low-key set up for some coming plots - Frankie and Ed, Carol and Molly, etc.

Phil's ideas were WAAYYY out there but still funny. Eli's comment to Ed was hysterical - about how Ed can possibly look surprised when he gives Phil carte blanche to do as he pleases.