Ed 1/16/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

The last 10 minutes were very funny, LOL funny, in fact. Mike rules.

I work with many Finns and they don't sound anything like Gunther.

2. Mike Slade

Mike Slade Second Unit

I can't believe I forgot to watch this. Why can't NBC just leave it on Wednesday! Could someone recap what happened in last night's episode?

3. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

A very disappointing episode, IMNSHO. Ed has begun a downhill slide, and I am not sure the show can recover.

What irks is it that it's NOT because Ed and Carol are together - it's because the writers are so afraid of letting them be happy or just experience gentle growth for even a single episode that we keep having really cliched and dopey plot twists thrown at us. Liz returning felt very forced, and Ed's cringe-inducing handling of it even worse. Ed's refusal to return the gift not only felt really out of character, but it was just dumb - lessee, piss off your fiance, the woman of your dreams, or possibly anger your EX-wife? Gee, tough choice. [​IMG]

What happened to the show I loved, with great writing that refused to sink to cliches and dumb twists every week?

In a way, I just want the show to end. Hopefully the sooner it's done, the sooner seasons 1-3 will be out on DVD, and I can ignore season 4.

Yes, I'm bitter, but only because the show used to be so fantastic. The writers are selling themselves, the show, and the viewers short.

4. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Yea me too. [​IMG]

Anybody know where I can watch this?