Ed - 02/05/2003

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Martin, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

Last night's episode was, for me, a very mixed bag. I enjoyed Ed's storyline quite a bit, but more for the "smaller" moments. The case itself was really open-and-shut - as presented, the prosecution had no evidence. However, I liked Ed's uncertainty, his interactions with Frankie, and Carol's subtle but growing jealousy. The moment when Carol kissed Ed on the head made me sit up and drop my jaw - that was NOT just a friendly kiss. :)

Molly's story was a good idea but poorly written. I am glad they're trying to do more with her, and like the romance with Biff (!), but the whole "trying to understand each other" story was just dumb. It felt more like a by-the-formula sitcom than the show I love - very derivative writing and plotting. I bought the dad's disconnect with his son (though felt the whole playing the same video game idea was just stupid). I didn't buy Molly being so utterly unaware of the difficulties of dealing with teenagers - her teaching experience seems to have been expunged from her mind.

Next week looks like it could be good - let's hope it's an actual development for Carol and Ed rather than another delaying tactic.

2. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

I dunno...I'm an infrequent Ed watcher (but I've just dropped Enterprise this month, and have begun watching it the past couple of weeks or so.) I really enjoyed last night's show, and hey, hey, who'd a thought that Biff would be dating the principal! I hope the relationship continues!

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Anyone else think that "Biff" Thomas Wilson looks like Troy Aikman (for Dallas Cowboy QB)?

I thought Carol looked really good last night. I like her with the longer hair.

I get bored with the Molly subplot, I'd rather watch Mike get harangued by Dr. Jerome.

4. Michael Martin

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

While we are on the topic, see Carol lying on her tummy in bed was an added bonus of the episode.

6. Michael Martin

The scene with Ed and Carol as Ed repaired one of the lanes was so well done - Carol showing she KNOWS him and encouraging him to stretch and get out of his comfort zone. Made it worth watching, despite the banality of Molly's storyline.

7. Brian Burgoyne

Brian Burgoyne Second Unit

Yes, I could see where Biff could look like Troy, if Troy quit working out and ate at Golden Corral every day.[​IMG]

I have enjoyed Frankie. She is as quirky as Ed, which is the point I guess. I liked the "stew" vs. "soup" scene. We don't know much about her boyfriend and next week they are to be broken up? How convenient. And Carol will be sentimental. Should be interesting.

8. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

The one thing I really despised about this episode was Biff's son...supposed to be high school age, but he looked about 25! In fact, he looked older than the actors that appeared in Grease.

9. Andrew Grall

Andrew Grall Supporting Actor

I really have enjoyed Frankie on the show...

As a matter of fact, I'm hoping she's around for a while... [​IMG]

10. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

No way Biff could pass for Troy. Even if Troy gained the wait.