What's new

Ed - 01/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched this episode yesterday.
Sabrina Lloyd has brought in a good energy boost to the show. Love the rapid fire dialog between Frankie (Sabrina's character) and Ed, and they riff very well together. Don't know if Frankie will be tempted by Ed's charms/smarts in her arc.
Carol is still very much a wreck in the romance department. But I think she's smart enough to know what isn't working for her, i.e. she's into chemistry, and no amount of "being nice" to her is going to rev her engine like her "type" does (the bad boys type). I do think this is why she and Ed as an item will probably be a long ways away, I think she's both a little shallow w/r/t wanting attractive looks in the men she dates, but has issues when it comes to self-worth.
The "war" between Dr. Mike and Dr. Jerome was a fun diversion for the two. Phil "brought it" in Dr. Jerome's office.
The actual law case for this episode was pretty forgettable.
And as a person who does put ketchup on hot dogs, I now understand the fanaticism of those who glare at me when they see ketchup when I prep my hot dog. :D

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I love Sabrina Lloyd's Frankie so far. I do find it interesting that they brought her in with a boyfriend, and so far her relationship with Ed has been strictly mentor/mentee. Of course, this is in stark contrast with the ridiculous NBC promos, but we all learned long ago that those things rarely have anything to do with the actual episodes. :rolleyes
At any rate, I do hope Ms. Lloyd (who, if possible, is even cuter here than she was on "Sports Night") is in for a long John Slattery-like run on "Ed".
And as a person who does put ketchup on hot dogs
:eek: I dunno, Patrick, I think I just lost all respect for you! ;)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I know people who put salt in their beer before they drink it. Out society is quite tolerant of people who have messed up taste buds and do horrible things to consumables.
;)

David Dennison

Second Unit
I love Sabrina Lloyd on Ed. The show is quickly moving to the top of my favorites on tv. The past two weeks have been some of the best episodes yet.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
As soon as Ed put the ketchup on the hot dog (or when anybody does for that matter), I thought of that scene in Sudden Impact. That was so funny when Sabrina Lloyd quoted it verbatim to Ed at the end!!

Rob

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Thanks to the fact Ed is on just before the West Wing, I'm now hooked on it :)
We're convinced Frankie's boyfriend is just her excuse to come to Stuckyville, and she and Ed will end up more then just mentor/mentee...
Oh and putting anything besides Chili on your hotdogs = :angry:

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Finally watched the ep - taped it last week, and because of visiting relatives, didn't watch it over the weekend.

As someone said, the actual legal case was weak, but made for a good story with Ed mentoring and teaching Frankie. I'm still not sure about Frankie's intentions towards Ed. Like another poster, I partly suspect the boyfriend-moving-Stuckeyville story was a cover, and she really has the hots for Ed. They do have great chemistry together, but it's a quieter, more subtle chemistry. I've read that she is gone after Valentine's week, but I've also read she could become a recurring character ala Dennis. We'll see, I guess.

As for preferring Rena Sofer over Frankie - if we're talking pure looks, no contest. Sabrina is a cutie, but Rena is melt-the-soles-of-your-shoes hot! However, her character wasn't a good match for Ed; Frankie (or Jennifer) seem to be far better matches for his personality.

Glad to see Mike will finally be making some money as a doctor again; perhaps being a full partner will give him some leverage with Dr Cranky, I mean, Dr Jerome.

I thought Carol's storyline was VERY well done. They gave her depth and growth, and while poking fun at the comptroller, he also had some depth and character. At first I thought they were just being mean - I've been a costume murder mystery party and it was fun - but as we (and Carol) came to realize they do this a LOT, it was a little scary! And when someone tells me they "don't get" the whole attraction of movies, I am outta there!

However, the payoff was at the end, when Carol decided to not puruse romance right now. Growth, maturity and continuity - not something that happens in TV everyday! It's a great setup for her and Ed to eventually unite, but I doubt that'll happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks