1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Ed - 01/08/03

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

For those of you who enjoyed "Sports Night", you'll be in a treat tonight because Sabrina Lloyd (Natalie) will be guest-starring on Ed and is poised to become a love interest for him.

2. Michael Martin

Michael Martin Screenwriter

I will be watching, but knowing he'll have a love interest kind of burns me - yet more reason to delay getting together with Carol.

Also, looks like Molly will have a good portion of the plot. We need more Cheswick and Mike & Nancy - they've been very absent this season, compared to seasons 1 and 2.

3. Andy Young

Andy Young Stunt Coordinator

Way too much Cheswick last year, so I'm glad to see that they've toned that down a bit.

Also, as soon as Ed and Carol get together, the show is dead. Just like Moonlighting, Remington Steele, and every other show that featured the sexual tension/potential coupling of its main characters. Everyone wants it to happen, but once it does, there's nothing more to do.

Friends sort of accomplished the feat, but Monica/Chandler was never a central point of the show. It was always Ross/Rachel. They were briefly intimate, but then broke up ... preserving that dynamic for many more seasons.

But I digress. My point is that I welcome distractions from Ed/Carol so that the show continues.

I'm more interested to see if the overweight kid (forget the name) actually gets gastric bypass surgery -- will that be a real-life operation that they write into the show?

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I read that Mark did have the gastric bypass a few months ago, maybe as far back as September, which is why they wrote that into his storyline on the show.

5. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I myself am looking forward to seeing what they do with Ms. Lloyd (a major cutie in my book). Hopefully she'll be on the show for awhile.

NBC Wednesdays are looking good for "Sports Night" fans (especially Natalie/Jeremy fans), with Natalie Lloyd on "Ed", followed by Joshua Malina now a regular on "The West Wing".

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Now this was a fun episode, moved very swiftly with 3 storylines, and for the most part, all very watchable.

Am I the only one that thinks Sabrina Lloyd looks like one of Carol's sister if she had brown hair (not her younger sister that we saw previously). Lloyd brought her rapid fire reparte from her stint on Sports Night, and Ed just rolled with anything she dished out.

Mark's stomach's last big meal was also fun, Eli cracks me up. Cheswick...is Cheswick.

Molly's storyline was a little predictable, but you have to wonder how Carol and Molly's relationship is going to be affected when Molly is now her boss.

7. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I thought the Foo Fighters poster was a nice little inside touch since they are using their song for the show's opening again this year.

Regards,

8. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

Never saw "Sports Night", but I do remember her from Sliders. They have to get rid of her boyfriend though.

9. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

Anyone happen to have a tape of this that they could dub for me? Or any other means of getting this one to me *cough* download *cough*? We completely missed last week's episode an it sounds like it was a good one...

Thanks,
    -Brett.

10. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

Try checking stuckeyville.com's Tape Traders' Outpost . Somebody else also asked for this episode there.
    Good luck.

11. Brett_H

Brett_H Second Unit

Nathan,

Thanks for the tip, I never knew that was there...

Turns out I missed last night's episode as well, so I might have some digging to do!

-Brett.

12. Nathan_W

Nathan_W Stunt Coordinator

Welcome. [​IMG]