What's new

ECW: One Night Stand .......... (1 Viewer)

Greg S

Supporting Actor
As another poster said OH MY GOD!

I am still trying to put it all into words so please talk amongst yourselves while I gather my thoughts.

Thanks

Greg

Quick rundown of the event thanks to PWTORCH.COM

**I tried to move any editorialized comments and star ratings. If you want to read that go to www.pwtorch.com

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
Great show, and the first PPV I've ordered since the initial TNA PPV "Victory Road", which was the first PPV I had ordered since WM XX. Not sure why I felt the need to state that. My only experience with ECW was a few eps of the TNN show and of course the Rise & Fall DVD, and I loved this show. Wasn't perfect by any means, but it had enough genuine emotion and mark out moments that it will easily take PPV of the year.

With their prospective TV deals looking to be dead, hopefully TNA will be dead by the time they do another ECW PPV, so that we can get Raven, Funk, and if he gets over himself, Shane Douglas.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I have read a lot of negative comments in the WWE thread before and leading up to this PPV.

I hope a lot of peoples feet are positioned somewhere near their mouths cause last night ECW One Night Stand PPV was the real deal.

With the exception of the WWE "invasion" angle, which I actually thought was a good idea because it furthers and creates an ECW storyline, the whole show was fantastic and very ECW.

The Mike Awesome and Masato Tanaka match was completely amazing. I repeat, completely AMAZING. Not all of the matches lived up to the hype, but the promos more than made up for it.

It was not a neutered show, it was all out roar of what ECW was. Supreme violence, coarse language, unscripted promos, surprises and great matches.

A lot of the talk going around right now is that the matches were short. The only two matches that really seemed short were the Mysterio/Psicosis match and the Benoit/Guerrero match. And I think the only reason these matches felt short was the fact that many previous matches between longer.

But think about it, Sandman took 20 minutes to get to the ring. But nobody will slag that.

The ECW ppv was simply that, and ECW PPV. Not a watered down WWE version.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Going in, like until about a week or so ago, I did not have high hopes for this show. This was before the WWE got Joey Styles to come back and do the announcing. This was given how piss poor WWE has booked anything lately, and this was given the prospect of the JBL/Bischoff invasions, which BTW did not belong on that show at all anyway, it was a waste of time IMO.

Mike Awesome/Masato Tanaka was a late added match at least in terms of its announcement and it ended up stealing the show, my negative comments were made before that match was even announced. I'm quite happy with how it came off, but I don't think I'd want to see too many shows like last night's in a short amount of time if that makes sense.

Frank S

Grip
This is the first wrestling ppv I've ordered since the last ecw ppv and it was worth it. The show had the special ecw feeling that I got from most all ecw shows in the past. You could criticize some of the performances and some of the stuff on the show but overall I thought it was great. It had Paul Heyman written all over it , which makes watching anything else in wrestling hard for me since I am an admitted kool-aid drinker. The video packages were well done and brought back a lot of memories.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks