What's new

eCost: Denon AVRs: 2805S, 3805S, 2805. Ships 2-5 days. (1 Viewer)

Benjamin M.

Auditioning
Alright! They mysteriously got a shipment of black 2805's in despite their claims of no longer carrying them. Mine shipped out today. They also jacked the price up $20; now they're $549. Still a great deal.

I ordered mine July 24 for those interested.

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
I canceled both my 2805 orders. There's possibly an extra one sitting up there. Once accidentally got shipped but I'm refusing the order and it will go back. There will be another one later on next week.

Yet I still have a 2805 and a 3805 in my possession. I'll be hooking up the 3805 hopefully tomorrow and the 2805 is going in a friends house probably next week or the next. I'll be setting it up so at least I'll get to experience both units.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks to your thread, I headed to my local Ovation Audio store Sat, plunked-down 800 and walked out with a new 2805, with a 2 yr. warranty and someone to talk to if I have any set-up issues. I may have pd. a little more, but wanted to steer clear of the anxiety of waiting for that package in the mail. I went thru the mail-order anxiety with my last upgrade when I ordered my 1801 from Crazy Eddies. I got a great price, but kept chasing down my UPS man everyday because I kept being told it was shipped. :angry:
Sometimes the savings are just not worth the hassle.:D

Shaun

Second Unit
I too cancelled my order with ECost and just went to a local shop and bought my 2805 for about $850 with the 2 year warranty and a whole lot of relief. My system is now complete and I am very happy with my setup. After some final tweaking and calibration, I'm sure I'll be even happier. Now, I just have to get everything paid off. The DVD-2200 has such an amazing picture quality compared to any DVD changer I've had in the past. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks again everybody!

JasonLaz

Agent
Shawn,

I would suggest maybe a Home Theater Master MX-700 for your next home theater upgrade. That remote pile is getting dangerous. You don't want to break your coffee table with them all. :)

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I cancelled my order with ecost as well as I couldn't wait any longer.
But I have gone a different route and ordered a Pioneer 54tx....

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Now ecost doesn't even show Denon 2805 glad I didn't wait any longer for it.
A little off topic but my Pioneer Elite 54tx is sitting in my car right now and I can't wait to hook it up....:D

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Sam,
i think most of us just didn't want to wait for our Denon 2805...It might have been next month before they got another shipment in and well most of us didn't want to wait that long so I opted for something else.

Benjamin M.

Auditioning
I got my 2805 from Ecost last week and I absolutely love it. I was so pleased that it still had every little convenient feature that my old Denon had. DPL2 is great, but the difference between 5 channel DPL2 and 7 channel DPL2X is extremely subtle. I think I'll keep my system setup for 5 channels.

MikeHU

Stunt Coordinator
No problems with set-up of the 2805, but as luck would have it, a small snag with the auto calibration on speaker level. With Mic in hand, I drove to my local shop (about 5 min. away) and talked with the salesman-expert. Left the store about 10 min. later with confirmation that it was user error.:b I had a little egg on my face, but at least I had someone to turn to when I couldn't figure it out myself. (turns out that I was hitting the enter button instead of the L. arrow button ). Again, sometimes it is worth the few extra dollars if you need some support along the way. Had it been a hardware or mic problem, it would have made it a lot tougher to remedy had I purchased thru mail-order. Because it was a simple fix, and I had someone available to walk me thru it, I saved a lot of frustration in the long run.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
I am sure as I own it(Elite 54tx)...sorry to get off topic as this is a denon thread...

so Benjamin M. when did you order your 2805 from denon and is it the silver or black one. I had the silver on order but couldn't wait any longer...my guess would be the black one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks