What's new

eCOST.com reputable? (1 Viewer)

Ozzie

Agent
I am looking to purchase a receiver on eCost.com.
Although it's a great deal, I don't know how reputable the company is. I am being extremely cautious because it's an "open box" item (their definition of an "open box item" is just that-not a refurb.). In surfing their site and reading all the legalities, their return policy states that they do not give Money Back Guarantees...
You can see why I need help and am hesitant for this purchase.

Please, if any of you have dealt with eCost.com before, I need feedback. How was your expirience shopping with them?

Another note: The receiver is an H&K. I called H&K and they told me that eCost.com is not an authorized dealer. I called eCost and the claim that they are...little scetchy but man, what a great price!

Thanks in advance.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
Alright, here's my dealings with ecost. About a month ago, I saw an amzing deal on a Pioneer Elite PD-F27 300 disc changer factory refurbished for $169. I thought, "Hey, this is too good to pass up, right?" Well, the thing came, and I hooked it up, but it would skip intermittently while playing cd's. Granted, it looked like it came straight from a Pioneer warehouse though. Had Pioneer tape on it, all accessorries, and a 90 day limited warranty sheet. I called ecost, and they told me that due to their process that I have to call Pioneer first. So, I called Pioneer, told the them my problem and where I got it, and the lady wanted nothing to do with me after I told her I bought it from ecost. Called ecost back, and since they did not have anymore in stock they issued me a refund for the item price. However, I was out $13 for shipping it back to those fools. Those are facts, and you can draw your conclusions as you wish.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I haven't had any problems with the various items I have ordered from them so I can't comment on their customer service.

They are the same company as PCMall and MACMall which both have good reputations.

I do take issue with their handling fee which usually means the total shipping is more than most sites.

Users who are viewing this thread