What's new

Eclipse SW8152DVC (1 Viewer)

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator

The larger XBL^2 (tm) subwoofer drivers that have 27 mm of xmax will also feature beautiful custom-tooled inverted Carbon Fiber dust caps. :) Hope this helps!

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i am 2 looking for a upgrade to my sub with dual av 15 witch is more powerfull than 80% of the people with home theaters will have. i am looking for eather a super high x max dual 15 or 4 av15 subs

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Dallas

What type sub are you looking to build when that time comes.

Sealed, Ported, PR'ed, LT'ed, etc.???

Will you have any cabinet/tube (size) issues/restrictions.???

Just a thought:
2-months from now their will be at least a couple other options as mentioned here in this thread alone. Also there are other drivers out their that have not been mentioned that might work excellent depending on the application & power.

Any well built larger xmax driver from a DIY company Adire/former Stryke/PE or smaller name desiger/builders (enter name here), to other well established name co's RE/ED/BP/etc,,,, are going to cost few dollars.

The key is using the ~{right driver, or best you can afford thats closest to the rightest driver}~ for the application you intend to use it in including the possible restrictions you might or might not have when you go to design/build it.

Dallas

Stunt Coordinator
"What type sub are you looking to build when that time comes.

Sealed, Ported, PR'ed, LT'ed, etc.???

Will you have any cabinet/tube (size) issues/restrictions.???"

I am planning to build a ported sub. I am not overly concerned about the size I have an empty 4' by 4' corner that is looking for a friend. Although I don't necessarily want to take up the entire corner. ;) My plan was to create the standard box sub with the proper cubic feet to match what the driver needs. I have seen the one I would build using the AV-15 but, as you can see, I am still open to other ideas.

"Just a thought:
2-months from now their will be at least a couple other options as mentioned here in this thread alone. Also there are other drivers out their that have not been mentioned that might work excellent depending on the application & power. "

I have a 1000W amp from PE that I want to utilize to build a great HT sub. I do listen to music about 40% of the time but I really want my house to rock when watching movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks